Chapter 26

"Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment of others."

"I don't like it." Jungkook says out of the blue as we sat again in his office doing work together.

I look up from my files to look at him with a confused face. "Don't like what?"

"The looks, the smiles, it's uncomfortable." He starts off. "How did I not see this happening? Seokjin? Really?" He asked.

"What? You said he's a nice guy." I say.  "Plus, he's really sweet, caring, helpful, really handsome–"

"Okay, okay. Don't say anymore." He spoke, cutting me off. "I guess I'm not used to seeing you like this."

"It's only natural. I'm like twenty-three years old. I should go out and date, I'm not getting any younger." I said, keeping my head down as I kept my gaze on the files on my lap.

"What happened to the girl who said she wouldn't ever care about that? That your career is more important than getting a boyfriend? Why all the change, huh?" He said, throwing one question after another. I honestly don't understand why he keeps berating me like this as if I committed a crime.

"I'm pretty surprised too. I honestly thought you were probably a lesbian." Taehyung says, walking into the room.

"Ugh, why are you here?" I asked.

"Uh and a good day to you too, Hyunjae." He said putting his cup of coffee on the desk while pulling out the folder from underneath his arm. "Wow, everyone has such an attitude these days."

"Still didn't answer my question." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Design check with the graphic designers and creative director. I'm also helping by working with the marketing team on publicizing this event." He answered as I nodded.

I could still feel Jungkook's strong gaze on me.

"Listen, I don't get why you're scolding me for this. Besides, he was the one who asked me out."

"Asked you out? Like on a date?" Jungkook asked, shocked.

"No, like to play golf– Of course it's a date!" Taehyung interrupted, practically taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Oh no, I'm not allowing that." He says.

"And who said I was asking for your permission?" I raised an eyebrow at him.