GIF Imagine #11

...

You were nervous to say the least. Your boyfriend was going to meet you brother, whom you're really close to, and you prayed that they would get along. They were the most important people in your life, so having them get along would make you the happiest.

Niall was your boyfriend of nine months. It had taken you a bit to ask him about meeting your brother, not knowing if it was going too fast in your relationship. But he was more than happy to be able to meet him soon, wanting to be closer to you and the person you often talk about.

Shawn was your younger brother by two years. Though he was younger, he acted very much like an older brother. Being overprotective and making sure you were safe and okay. You had a bond like no other and you truly wanted him to like Niall, the first guy that you really liked and even loved.

It surprised you that they had never met before. Being both famous and top artists of the moment, they were bound to meet way before this, however you were happy to be there to experience them meeting each other.

You had planned for them to meet over dinner at your place. You prepared a delicious pasta dish, and were now waiting on both of the boys to arrive. It was currently 5 PM, meaning the boys would be here soon, and as if on queue, the doorbell rang.

"Hi, love." Niall greeted with a bouquet of (your favorite flowers) in front of him. "For you, my lady."

"Niall! These are so pretty!" You hugged him.

"Do I get a hug or is that now only exclusive to boyfriends?" A voice said from behind."

"Shawn!"

"Hey, thorns." Shawn said as he hugged, using a childhood nickname that you wished he'd forgotten, but of course he didn't.

"Aw, stop calling me that. It was only one time." You laughed, shaking your head. "Come in, foods ready. I made pasta."

Both boys followed you to the dining table. Each sat at one side.

"Shawn, this is Niall, my boyfriend. Niall, this is Shawn, my little brother."

"By two years." Shawn playfully rolled his eyes.

...

Dinner passed by fairly quick, full of jokes and stories from both boys, making you the third wheel. You didn't mind, as long as they were getting along, and so far they've look as if they met forever ago.

The three of you were now in the living room, still keeping the conversation.

"Tell me about that nickname for (Y/N). Thorns, right?" Niall asked.

"No!" You interfered. You didn't want to hear this childhood story. It was funny, but embarrassing and Shawn just loved talking about it to everyone and anyone who asked about the nickname that stuck to you. Literally.

"Aw, man that's such a funny story. You see, (Y/N) and I were playing soccer outside, we were running and her being super clumsy, which she still is-"

"Hey." You exclaimed.

"Sh! I'm telling the story. She wasn't looking where she was going and she was cheering loud, getting the ball into the goal. She tripped over it and fell right into our mom's roses, that were filled with tons and tons of thorns."

"Here it comes." You mumbled to yourself.

"All you could hear was (Y/N)'s crying as she stood still in the rose bush. I had to call mom to pick her up because she could herself, and as soon as she stood up, she was covered in thorns! And our mom scolded her more over messing up her garden than worrying about the scratches she got from it." Shawn laughed and Niall did too.

"Ha ha. Funny story, Shawn."

"Don't be like that, sis. I was just giving Niall here some information of your younger self."

"Yeah, thorns." Niall said, laughing and patting Shawn.

"I invited you both to meet each other and cooked dinner only to be attacked."

"Not as attacked like when you fell into that rose bush." Niall whispered to Shawn, both laughing once again.

Shaking your head, you let it slide, just looking at your favorite boys getting to know each other.

...

hey guys . i know it's been a while since i've been gone, but it was due to personal issues and school . senior year is kicking my ass with college applications and all that jazz . i felt really bad for leaving you guys without anything so with the free time i had, i whipped this up . i hope you guys liked it and thank you so much for keeping up with me and my crap lol
lots of love xx
- lee✌🏼