I wonder who might have stolen his heart?

It turned out Off and Gun probably didn't see New at their door or they were doing a great job at pretending they didn't. They also managed to decide how to dress up for the night out without much problem. Off wearing black high waisted jeans and burgundy patterned shirt with most of the upper buttons left undone. Gun was very interested in that part constantly trying to peak underneath the shirt or trying to touch inside. And Off was batting his grabby hands away half heartedly smiling a bit every time. Gun was wearing cut off jeans shorts and his stripped oversized t-shirt and Vans shoes were black and white. There was something kind of sexy in his look and it was a bit of a dark eye shadow and his hair styled to be more textured. Seeing these both Tay and New suddenly felt underdressed wearing more casual attires.

The club was a nice place near the beach with a slightly edgy feel to it. Gun didn't tell anyone but he searched for LGBTQ place specifically. You can definitely tell looking at the crowd though. The boys managed to get a bit tipsy before midnight and just when they decided it's time to hit the dance floor, a girl approached them aiming for New. She was a nice looking girl and quite confident too. She started chatting him up and finally asked him for a dance, but he refused saying he is not in the mood, even though he was just a minute ago. The girl was not giving up asking him to have a drink with her instead, but he refused as well.
- I'm sorry, - New said to her - but I already have someone I like. - he "waied" her to put more distance between them.
- I'm free though. - Tay smiled seductively at her and it was hard to tell if he is seriously trying to flirt with her or just joking to stop the girl from bothering Newwie already.
- Sorry, but you're not really my type. It's a pity your friend is not available. - she winked at New - I wonder what kind of person might have stolen a heart of such a cutie? - she said walking away.
- Me too, actually... - Tay murmured to himself, but it seems New heard him, because he looked at him alerted.
- Do you? - Gun jumped into New's personal space looking him straight in the face as always when he was being curious and demanding answers. - Do you have someone you like, P'??
- What? N-no... - he frowned getting uncomfortable and trying to avoid eye contact.
- P'New, are you sure? - Gun was persistent.
- I am. - he said forcefully - And I also want more drinks. - he said pulling Gun towards the bar.
- Okay, let's buy one for everyone. - Gun complied sensing that New is not completely honest.
***
- Shit. - Tawan sweared frustrated downing the rest of his drink when they were left alone at the table.
- What? Why this situation got tense for no reason? - Off couldn't wrap his head around what happened. He looked in the direction of the bar and back at Tay who was holding his head in his hands now. - What is it, mate?
- I don't know! - he grunted - New is being strange and... sad.
- Why is he sad? I don't get it.
- I don't know either. It's so fucking frustrating! Like, I could always tell what he is feeling and I don't anymore. These couple of days especially. He was saying something about being in love with a friend and now he said he likes someone and then he denies not wanting to talk about it.
- Maybe he just said that, so the girl would stop hitting on him?
- No, you don't understand. There must be something bothering him, but he is not telling me. And it kind of hurts, because it's like he doesn't trust me anymore. - Tay looked up at his friend, eyes glistening with helplessness. - I think he really might be in love with someone, but I'm also worried this person is the reason for him being not happy, but on the other hand if he would get together with this person I'm afraid we can drift apart. Just like I feel it's happening now when he is not honest with me. - "This is fucked up." thought Off. It's not like they can make New talk. It is probably some girl that could unintentionally come between them. He knew, because he was stupid enough for a moment almost letting a girl come between him and Gun once. But it was probably not the same, since he was always in love with Gun, he just needed to come to terms with it. Luckily he got his shit together quickly enough to break up with her when she started to complain about him being too close with Gun and trying to monopolise him. It's most likely different for Tawan, but he still thought that sacrificing a wonderful friendship like that for a lover was not right. If your partner really loves you they should understand it, not make you break your friendship that lasts far many more years than the fragile new relationship. Off was hoping it was just some kind of misunderstanding. They got drunk and are just overreacting and tomorrow the problem will be gone.
***
- P'New? - Gun stopped when he noticed his friend is leading him to the toilet instead of the bar like he said earlier.
- Can I ask you a personal question? - New started out of a sudden stopping in the dim corridor and Gun was now sure he wanted to talk rather than drink.
- Of course. - he answered waiting to see where this is going.
- Are you in a relationship with Off? - although Gun was kind of expecting that question especially after today, he still felt a tiny bit nervous. He knew he had no reason to be, but still.
- I am. - he said and was a bit surprised how confident and proud that sounds. Here it is. Finally he is telling it. He smiled softly.
- I thought so. - New smiled - I though so for a long time.
- We are not really together that long, but I've been in love with him so much longer. - Gun smiled shyly.
- I could tell. - New ruffled Gun's fringe - He was in love with you long enough too, even if he didn't want to admit that. Probably even to himself.
- I was always careful not to put any pressure on him. Even when I finally told him I love him I said that all I'm expecting is to be together no matter if he feels the same.
- Was it hard to repress your feelings like that?
- It was, but when you love someone that much you want to have that person by your side no matter what. I know it doesn't sound genuine, but even if he would want to be just best friends or brothers that really was enough to make me happy. - Gun smiled and his face was almost angelic.
- You could've told us from the beginning, you know? We hoped you are together, but we weren't sure.
- What do you mean you hoped?
- Well, we just couldn't stop ourselves from cheering for you two. I mean, come on, you're so good together. We suspected for months now. You really should've told us. - New bumped Gun's arm with his fist lightly. - But I understand. I won't tell Off that you told me if you don't want me to. I bet he is very shy about it.
- It's okay. We actually decided yesterday that it's stupid to pretend in front of our best friends.
- So that's why you were like that today!!
- Yeah, we just wanted you to guess. It would be weird to make some kind of an announcement. - Gun said coyly.
- We were thinking you're pulling a joke to mock us. But it makes sense now. - he smiled - The strangest behaviour was Off's actually. It's so obvious you make him happy. Especially now when he is not desperately trying to hide it. You don't even have to try or do anything special. It's like you make him happy for no reason. It must be the happiest to be together like that... - New looked down with a pained expression on his face.
- P'New? - Gun was seriously concerned now - Am I to understand you were not honest when you said you lied to that girl? You really do have someone you...
- Yeah, I had to, I've already said too much before and Tay is asking questions. He mustn't know. He is the first person I can't tell this. - New's voice cracked and he was dangerously close to tears.
- Newwie, - Gun opened his eyes widely in sudden realisation - Are you saying that P'Tay is the person that makes you happy for no reason? - New raised his head looking at Gun, tears already streaming down his cheeks. Even if he smiled weakly at the childish way Gun said it, there was nothing he could do to stop them. Just like there was nothing he could do to stop his feelings.
- It's so hopeless and unnecessary to fall in love with someone who can't ever love you back the same way. I don't want to lose my best friend, but I can already feel my feelings gonna ruin everything. - He sobbed leaning on Gun's shoulder, because the younger boy's instinct made him embrace his hurt friend right away.

After all they decided they are not in the mood to continue the party. Gun and New returned to their table and Gun lied he had a headache to give everyone an excuse to go back. It was obvious that Tay and New are really gloomy and kind of not talking to each other. Gun was feeling bad for his friend, Tay was probably clueless, so Gun wasn't even walking next to Off, he was keeping Newwie company instead. He kept glancing towards Papii though to give him some signs that something is up and they have to discuss it as soon as they are alone.