Chapter 50: Saving the Princess (Part 2)

"You wouldn't happen to be able to fight, would you?" Koko asked in a whisper, not wanting to be captured now as the crazy silver cloaked guy had said that she would be tortured regardless of if they surrendered or not.

"Not with magic." Richard said as he drew his sword.

"This isn't going to end well, is it?" Koko asked sarcastically.

"Probably not." Richard replied while sounding depressed. "Koko... I know that you're fast enough to be able to get away, so can you please run to get help? I'll try to hold them here for as long as I can, but otherwise-"

"I have no idea if I can outrun those guys in the silver cloaks." Koko interrupted him. "Besides, leaving you here just to get kidnapped isn't really something that I'd do."

"I- I'm sorry..." Richard now sounded frustrated as he clenched his fists beside her. "I got you involved in this, and you had to save me even though I have cheats..."

"Save the self pity for later!" Koko suddenly yelled as the first five men in cloaks suddenly started running towards them with most of the attackers drawing daggers while one seemed to draw a great sword from out of nowhere. Though thankfully the warrior seemed to be intent on subduing Richard before Koko realized that left the other ones to her. And seeing as all of their weapons started glowing yellow, she guessed that she was now having to fight four rogues at once.

Turning her body to evade the first dagger thrust, Koko brought her elbow up and slammed it into the first assailant's head, sending him sprawling backwards before she had to turn again to avoid another. However, rather than the slow attacks she'd had to deal with thus far, she soon found herself inside of a storm of dagger thrusts and swings as the remaining three rogues attempted to surround her. Though, as she wasn't willing to let that happen, Koko reached out and grabbed the arm of the man in front of her when he swung again before pulling him towards her.

Planting her other elbow on the man's outstretched arm while turning her body, Koko heard a resounding snap followed by the man's cry of pain before she continued their momentum and threw him into his ally. Though while she'd moved, the third rogue had managed to slightly cut her upper arm even if she hadn't felt the cut due to her adrenaline. But with the other two out of the way, Koko easily managed to dodge another cut that the man had aimed towards her before she grabbed his arm as well and kicked his feet out from underneath him.

While the man was in the air, Koko threw him as well, making him collide into two more of his allies as Koko suddenly found herself surrounded by ten more cloaked figures. Though she was apparently facing even more than that as an arrow suddenly missed her head by only perhaps an inch, and Koko looked beyond her opponents to see that two of them that had stayed back had bows and that Richard was still busy fighting with the warrior, even though there were three more rogues either unconscious or dead at his feet.

Somehow feeling that it was coming, Koko turned around and kicked a dagger that had been headed for back before running forward and hitting the offender's knee with a Serpent's Strike. And with another opponent disabled thanks to their knee bending the wrong way, Koko infused focus all throughout her body, needing it because she suddenly found herself in an even larger storm of blades than the only she'd only just escaped.

Deflecting attacks with her hands while rapidly losing ground as she was forced backwards, Koko looked for any opportunity that she could use to get out of the situation but found none before she had to jump backwards to avoid the rogues that had circled around her. And while they must have been hoping to back her against the academy wall, she now used it as she hit the wall and sprang from it in one easy movement, jumping through the air until she landed behind all of them. And suddenly, they were the ones trapped against the wall. 

Deflecting three more dagger strikes with her hands, Koko then unleashed a flurry of blows, catching four rogues and a warrior off guard before they were all thrown back from the force of her attacks and hit their allies as if they were bowling pins. Though after turning around to slap two more arrows out of the air, Koko immediately found herself under assault as her six remaining close range opponents resumed their assault, cutting her twice on both her forearm and thigh as she struggled to hold them off. Though thankfully she was no longer alone in her defense as Richard unexpectedly joined her battle, yelling a battle cry as he cut two more rogues down and split the remaining forces, allowing Koko to finally stand her ground and deal with two on her own before they eventually finished off the remaining assailants.

"To still be fighting after having the cursed wrist chain on all day... your MP must be well beyond twenty thousand!" The silver cloaked man from before suddenly began laughing hysterically. "This is grand! Grand, I tell you! The more the better!"

Despite the man's laughing, all it took was one look from Koko to realize that Richard was in bad condition. He seemed to have cuts all over his body from the recent conflict, and even now he looked so exhausted that he could barely hold onto his sword as he panted for air beside her. Though, she supposed that she wasn't any better as she was covered with cuts herself. And seeing as her vision was beginning to blur, she guessed that some of them were most likely fairly deep. Either that, or the rogues were using poison on their blades, though she didn't even want to think about that possibility.

"Koko... You need to run." Richard before stepping towards the men. "I won't be able to stop them for long in this condition, but you need to run!"

"Didn't I already tell you that I'm not going to?" Koko replied before stepping forward herself so that she could be even with him. "Like it or not, I'm staying. So that just means that we're going to have to hold out until help gets here, alright."

"Don't be an idiot! You're going to die!" Richard suddenly yelled at her.

"You think that I don't know that?" Koko asked with a slight smile. "Besides, I've already told you before, didn't I? Leaving you here alone isn't something that I'd do, so get over it."

"Such fellowship is foolish, though respectable in a sense." The silver cloaked man that had stayed silent thus far suddenly spoke. "In recognition, I will kill you in a manner that of which you do not feel any pain."

"What?! No!" The other man suddenly snapped. "I want to hear her scream! I want to see that determined look break into tears!"

"Uwah..." Koko couldn't help but say as she was thoroughly disgusted. "Can you hold off the creep while I deal with the other guy?"

"No promises." Richard replied.

"Good enough for me." Koko laughed slightly. "Let's go!"