Chapter 82: The Leaky Caverns (Part 7)

"What is it this time?" Koko asked the others, who were once again hesitating to move on to the next room as they inspected the monsters that hadn't seen them yet. Though seeing as this was the tenth room of the dungeon and they were hopefully approaching the exit, Koko couldn't blame them seeing as there was usually a powerful boss monster waiting for people at the end of dungeons. However, even if she understood their caution, she couldn't help but wish for them to hurry as she was starting to feel sick to her stomach for some reason. Not to mention the fact that the itch on her arm had intensified and Koko was struggling to keep herself from scratching it. And as she looked at the affected area, she saw that something had definitely irritated the area seeing as it was bright red and inflamed. Though, no matter how much she thought about it, she didn't know what could have possibly irritated her skin other than the darts that she'd been hit with earlier. Though, anything that came from the darts would have disappeared when the monsters had been slain, right? Not to mention that the actual wounds themselves had been so small that they'd healed already.

"It looks like novaraptors." Christina explained from the front.

"The heck... this is the first time I've seen a dinosaur here." Richard almost looked excited as he watched the small group in front of them. "What about you Koko... Koko?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry." Koko apologized as she'd been partially zoned out. "Yeah, this is the first time that I've seen a dinosaur too."

"Are you alright?" Richard suddenly seemed concerned as he looked at her.

"Yeah... I just feel a little sick to my stomach is all." Koko attempted to wave away his concern before Richard walked closer to her with a suspicious look on his face.

"You look a little pale." Richard continued.

"I'm fine, just a little sick." Koko attempted to assure him. "So can we hurry and try to get out of here please? I'd prefer to be sick back at the dorms."

"Let us know if you think that you need to take a break, alright?" Christina sounded concerned as well, and Koko reluctantly nodded before the group turned their focus back towards the monsters.

"So, the same plan as usual then?" Koko asked.

"Yes, but be careful. While these monsters may be smaller than normal raptors, they're still fast." Christina replied.

"They're also most likely smart and can jump high, but that's just what I learned from movies." Richard added.

"Movies?" Christina questioned the unfamiliar term.

"Don't mind him." Koko attempted to distract the hero. "Let's just focus on clearing the dungeon."

"Alright, are you ready Richard?" Christina asked, looking over to see him nod in confirmation. "Then three, two, one!"

Using the same tactic that they'd been using all throughout the dungeon, Koko watched as almost the entire room was cleared of enemies in an instant. However, while Christina and Richard's attacks stopped, one of the raptors seemed to have somehow jumped over their attacks and was now running quickly along the side of the room, keeping itself low to evade several of Richard's icicles. And as Koko watched it, she became concerned as the light from Richard's spell dimmed around them, making the dungeon almost completely dark before she eventually realized what was happening and snapped her eyes back open. Though, while she wondered just why she started falling asleep at a moment like this, she quickly slapped her cheeks in order to keep herself awake before the novaraptor finally drew close enough for Koko to jump forward and deliver a kick to the creature's head, making her momentum carry the monster all the way down to the ground before the nova raptor disappeared in a cloud of black smoke and Koko's foot continued until it cracked the stone of the dungeon's floor.