Chapter 107: Underground Spectacle

"Well now, here we are again, trapped in a dungeon with no way back outside." Koko stated the obvious to Christina and Richard as they'd gathered together while the other adventurers were discussing their situation. "Though we do have company this time, at least."

"Koko, repeat after me." Richard half-ordered in a serious tone while walking in front them and making her look at him. "Magara. Is. Fictional."

"Says you..." Koko countered.

"He is, Koko. So please remember that just in case you start hallucinating again or you might attack us instead of the monsters this time." Richard persisted.

"I don't have to listen to stick figures." She harrumphed in reply. "But on to more serious matters. Should I have Senshi start airlifting people out of here or are we going to press forward?"

"We're going to press forward for now, but I'll have you send someone up in order to let the army know what we're doing and the situation that we're in." Dedrick suddenly walked up to them while speaking towards Koko before looking between all three of them. "However, should we have to fall back, I'll be counting on you three to get the others out of here. And while I know that you most likely haven't practiced it due to the reports that I've seen, Christina's flying swords and Richard's wind spells might mean the difference between us all getting out of here alive and a massacre."

"Uh... I've only ever flown by myself, actually. And never very high either seeing as I don't like heights..." Richard explained nervously.

"I saw you jump off of the academy dorms before and you were fine..." Koko stated suspiciously.

"Those heights I can handle. However, when I get as high as the clouds or if it's too dark and I can't see the ground, then I freeze up." He seemed to reluctantly admit.

"Don't worry then, because there's a bunch of lights down here and I bet that you'll be able to see the ground even from the bridge." Koko attempted to assure him.

"Just like how we were able to see the light from the torch that the one guy dropped?" Richard asked doubtfully, and Koko hesitated seeing as she'd forgotten about that.

"I'm sure that you can do it." Koko gave him a thumbs-up in an attempt to redeem herself, though it didn't seem like it worked as Richard sighed and Dedrick continued.

"All of the second years will fall back behind the graduated adventurers and be our reserve members." Dedrick spoke loudly enough so that he could be heard by everyone. "Everyone else, you're going to be at the front so use your standard formations and keep an eye out for traps. Also, I need a volunteer to take the news of the dungeon to the soldiers waiting above the nest."

"I'll go." Arden was surprisingly the one to volunteer. "I'll get the message up there and be back in time to help with the bugs. Unless someone wants to send another familiar..."

"I can only call upon the wolf once a day." Ethrion replied.

"Go yourself but don't come back. Rather, stay up there and help the army secure the nest instead." Dedrick replied. "We may have cleared the nest for now, but there's no telling if there were any hidden rooms that might have opened up and released the monsters inside back into the tunnels... It's too dangerous to have you travelling alone both times, not to mention that you won't be able to descend the chamber unless they have a few wagons full of rope up there.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point." Arden suddenly seemed less enthusiastic before a piece of paper was shoved into his chest by Dedrick.

"Get moving. You can use Cryner's new beetle to get up." The man ordered.