Chapter 117: Test

Letting out a small cry as she was hit in the stomach, Koko's feet left the ground as two of Clyis's punches connected with her before she managed to twist in the air to avoid his other two arms. And seeing as the fist he'd first struck her with was already headed towards her again, she caught it with her hands before wrapping her legs around his forearm and pulling backwards so that she pulled him off balance. Though even if he was off balance, the demon immediately recovered before jumping and spinning in the air while slamming Koko's back against the stone floor.

'K&%*!' Koko heard what she thought was the goddess's voice attempting to speak to her, though for some reason it sounded as if there was static interfering with it.

Disregarding the attempted message for now seeing as she had more important matters to attend to, Koko swung her feet kicked Clyis's feet out from under him, nearly causing him to fall on his back before the demon caught himself with one of his arms and used it to spring back to his feet. However, the action had given Koko enough time to get to her feet as well before she dodged to one kick and blocked another before she had to backflip to avoid a third as it would have come down directly on her head otherwise. And luckily she had as a four-foot deep crater was created when the demon's foot smashed onto the floor.

"Not bad!" Clyis laughed as he took a step backwards and seemed to relax. "I've never fought someone who uses a fighting style similar to mine before."

"Yeah, it isn't bad." Koko agreed with a smile as she got into her stance again. "But now it's my turn to do some of the punching."

"Do it if you can." Clyis laughed. "You still haven't proven your worth."

"Then allow me to demonstrate!" Koko yelled before sprinting forward and dodging underneath a punch before she delivered a lightning-fast blow to the demon's stomach. But after feeling like her knuckles had just struck an anvil, she was then rooted in place as Clyis used all of his arms to deliver a storm of punches. And while she managed to direct most of them away from her with both her hands and forearms, Clyis was still moving too fast for her to counter and managed to hit her several times before finally landing a punch on her jaw and knocking her away. Though after she landed on her feet, their exchange began again before the demon's fists began glowing red as he activated an unknown skill.

'Ko#o! P*$as%! You n*ed to %#^!' The goddess attempted to speak to her again though it was still too hard for Koko to make out what she said.

"Let's see how you handle this!" Clyis yelled before attacking, though seeing as she didn't want to get hit by whatever it was he was using, Koko activated Lion's Barrage at the same moment and the two continued trading blows. And soon, the demon adopted a look of confusion as Koko evaded all of his attacks before she finally knocked all of his arms away, jumped and struck his chest with both outstretched hands. Also, seeing as she'd made her last attack a Shatter, while it unfortunately didn't seem to break any bones, the blow still had enough force behind it to send Clyis flying backwards until he collided into the arena's far wall in a cloud of debris as he collided with the stone.

"Ow..." Koko said softly to herself as she cringed from the backlash of Dragon's Fury.

"As I thought, humans cannot handle this power." She suddenly heard a voice speak from behind her before Koko's head rang as Clyis's heel connected directly on her right ear. And as she was sent spinning through the air, she let out another small cry before she hit the arena's wall as well. But unlike the demon, she had to slowly climb out of the stone while cupping her hand over her ear while attempting to become undazed from the attack. Though it appeared that her opponent wasn't planning on letting her recover as the demon appeared in front of Koko again, this time making her gasp as he landed another punch on her stomach before she sidestepped him in order to not be pinned against the wall. And it was a good thing that she did too since the demon had thrown a glowing hand just before she'd dodged him with his attack continuing to cut the stone on the wall apart easily.