Chapter 51: Saving the Princess (Part 3)

"Let's go!" Koko yelled, immediately running towards her opponent afterwards. Though as she approached the silver-cloaked man, she suddenly saw movement out of the corner of her eye and attempted to dodge, thankfully making the large swinging motion of a long sword only cut her cheek rather than behead her. Though after she dodged, she made sure to back flip once to get away from her assailant, landing only to find that the creepy one was already attacking her again as he cut her arm this time. And much to Koko's frustration, she realized that he'd purposefully only cut her slightly, which ment that she hadn't really dodged him before at all.

"Keep dancing for me! Let's make a sculpture of blood together!" The man cackled, swinging his swords so fast that Koko couldn't keep track of it as he lightly cut her almost a hundred times in the blink of an eye. And as he was doing this even with her mind being infused with focus, Koko clenched her teeth as she realized that simply surviving wasn't going to be easy at all.

"Shut up!" Koko yelled, finally seeing an opening as the man stepped to far forward and she immediately stomped down on his foot, feeling the bones crunch underneath her own foot as the barrage of sword swings thankfully stopped. And once it did, it was Koko's turn, and she grasped her chance by using Lion's Barrage.

Consecutively hitting the man several times before he seemed to even know what was happening, Koko had already punched him in the face three times until the man attempted to cut her again, only for Koko to completely evade most of his lightning fast strikes thanks to the increase in evasion rate that the skill gave her. However, her punches and kicks were getting more powerful with each hit landed, and when Koko was on the seventh hit of the skill, the man was recoiled so much that he was no longer able to attack before Koko ended the skill in a flurry of blows, nearly making the remaining three hits all strike him at once as the attack sent the man flying backwards. And as he actually made a cry of pain when he was hit, Koko was confident that she'd at least done some damage to him before the man stopped rolling across the ground and slowly got to his knees.

"Wonderful! Absolutely splendid!" The man laughed out loud, throwing his arms wide open in dramatic fashion as Richard and the other silver-cloaked man started fighting behind him. "This wouldn't be worth it at all if you couldn't at least do this much!"

"Then come and get some more!" Koko replied with a yell, daring the man to come back before he suddenly did exactly that. Seeming to fly as he jumped towards her, the man was still laughing as his sword swing cut even more of Koko's hair, though she hadn't sacrificed it for nothing as she grabbed onto his arm and quickly turned, using his own momentum against him as she slammed him onto the ground before attempted to stomp down on him again. Though, she suddenly had to jump to evade another sword swing at her feet before the man stood up again and ran at her, this time managing to cut her three more times before she managed to use Serpent's Sting on his side.

With her attack making her opponent stumble to the side, Koko followed up her first attack by windmill kicking his head, slamming the man into the nearby arena wall before he suddenly spun and Koko ducked just in time for the sword to pass over her head and hit the wall in a shower of sparks. Though when his sword got stuck, Koko found another opportunity and started raining Serpent Stings all over his body, eventually sending the man flying backwards again towards the center of the arena.

"Look out!" Richard yelled from somewhere, and Koko looked over just to see some kind of blinding blue light headed straight for her. Though unfortunately it was travelling to fast for her to even react before a dark shape suddenly moved in between her and the magic.

With the crack of lightning almost deafening her, Koko watched in shock as Richard fell to the ground in front of her, still slightly sparking from the bolt of lightning that had struck him directly. And while he fell, Koko stepped slowly towards him, unsure as to what she should do as she watched his body convulse beneath her. Though, it didn't sound like she was the only one worried, even if it was for a different reason.

"Nooo! The sacrifice!" The silver-cloaked mage yelled out in despair while the swordsmen spat in disgust.

"Good going! What did we come out here for now?!" The creepy one asked in anger. "Let's at least take the girl with us! She's fun!"

"Damn..." The mage clenched his fists, though Koko didn't even notice the two anymore as Richard had stopped convulsing and had now fallen unconscious. Either that, or... Why? Just like her, he'd come from Earth, right? So why did he waste his life just to save her? This world was everyone's dream, wasn't it? So why...

'Anime... has it all wrong.' Koko thought to herself as she looked at Richard. 'The guy protecting the girl doesn't make her fall for him at all... it just makes her feel guilty that he spent his life for her's.'

"We can still take his body with us... it may create a powerful undead servant for the Great One." Koko heard the mage say, and suddenly, it felt as if something in her mind snapped.

"What did you just say?" Koko asked as she stepped over Richard and closer towards the pair. "This guy... no, my friend just sacrificed himself to save me, and you want to raise his body as an undead?"

<System>

Level up!

Congratulations, due to an immense amount of anger, the 'Rage' gauge has been unlocked.

Skill gained: Shatter

Special Ability gained: Demon Mode

Special Ability gained: Magic Domination Immunity

New Title Gained: Blue Demon

Not caring at all about the system announcement at the moment, Koko felt as if her blood were on fire as she glared towards the two men... the two cultists that had been trying to kill her and sacrifice Richard. She was angry, more angry than she'd ever been before. And suddenly, she didn't care about holding back against them anymore. She didn't care about holding back her trump card, and she certainly didn't care if anyone found out what she was truly capable of. Right now, Koko was blind to everything but rage.