Chapter 121: The Fall of Goldgate

Christina's P.O.V

Running through the city while trying not to trip on all of the rubble covering the street, Christina had to wipe the tears from her eyes in order to be able to see since the smoke burned them and the screams of the citizens wore away at her very soul. All of these people that she'd sworn to protect, who she was created for the purpose of protecting, and she couldn't hardly do anything at all to help them. But she still had to try as she joined Richard and the others in clearing out both the demons and monsters in front of them.

"In front of us! One of them is landing!" One of the adventurers called out before two three-story buildings in front of them were instantly flattened as a massive humanoid demon with red skin and two pairs of enormous bat wings landed in front of them. Though when the roaring creature reached behind its head with club that appeared to be made out of obsidian, it'd been just about to try and attack them before it had to take a step backwards as its head was bombarded with a storm of purple projectiles that a mage from their group had cast.

"Christina, let's finish it off quickly!" Richard yelled before he released a large fireball from his hand which then split into ten smaller attacks that all detonated all over the giant demon's torso. Though after it cleared the area of smoke by swinging its club through the air in front of it, Christina boosted herself up into the air with one of her flying golden swords so that she could attack it. And with the demon's chest exposed, she let out a yell of exertion before thrusting her normal sword forward with it piercing the creature's chest afterwards.

"Hero!" The demon roared in a deep voice as it slowly brought its free hand towards its chest in an attempt to either crush or grab her.

"Face judgement!" Christina yelled, letting go of the sword's handle with her right hand before twisting and digging the blade further in with her left. And as she activated her Judgement skill, she slammed her shining right palm into the end of the sword's hilt with the weapon sinking the rest of the way into the creature afterwards and its blade still visibly glowing even though it was covered. But while the demon screamed at first with small beams of light piercing its body from every angle, it eventually vanished in a large cloud of black smoke, making her drop back down to the street before she had to get up again so that she could follow the others.

"This... This is hopeless! There's too many of them!" Another adventurer cried out while looking above them at the ever-growing amount of demons that were flying through the sky.

"Just keep going and follow orders!" Conner yelled in reply. And after running for several more minutes while clearing out any monsters or demons that attacked them, they eventually reached the city center again to find that the place was now swarming with knights as well. Though after seeing King Xavier and both of his sons in the center of all of the panicking survivors that had been gathered, she knew why there was an increase in the military presence.

"Protect the citizens!" Xavier yelled before drawing a longsword of his own and cutting a small flying demon that had been heading towards him in half. "Hold them back! Fight with everything you have!"

"Raah!" All of the knights that had gathered all let out a war cry before the shield wall that they'd made shined and all of the demons that had been attempting to fly overhead hit some kind of invisible wall before falling a short distance through the air. However, now that a good number of them had been gathered, they continued with their work.

"Now! Let them have it!" Tristan, the knight commander, yelled before they all acted in unison and released what looked like a blast wave of skills that quickly ascended and cut apart the mass of demons that had been unlucky enough to have been flying within range. Though even with their assault and the hundreds of rangers constantly firing up into the sky, the number of enemies seemed limitless.