Ep.14: The Stanchurian Candidate

Your POV

I woke up a little late and made my way to the kitchen. When I went to turn on the light I noticed the lightbulb had exploded. I called for Stan but he was nowhere to be found. Ford came instead and fixed the lightbulb. The twins and Soos cheered, I just gave him a smile. By the doorway was Stan holding a box of lightbulbs.

Mabel: Does anyone see this?!? *points at Ford* This is what a hero looks like right here!!!

Stan: I thought we were out of lightbulbs.

Ford: Oh, we were! So I invented my own! It will last a thousand years and the light it emits makes your skin softer!

Soos: *caressing his arm* Never have I known such softness!

Ford: Anyway, where were you?

Stan: *throws away the box and leaves*

You: ...

After breakfast I went to the living room, Stan had just sat down.

Stan: Well, tv, at least you appreciate me. Gimme the good news. *turns on the tv*

Shandra: *tv* This just in. The mayor dead.

You: Whoa, what?!?

Dipper and Mabel: *walk in* What's going on?!?

Shandra: Raised by bears in the wilderness, mayor Eustace Huckabone Befufflefumpter was best known for raising the water tower, possible starting World War I, and putting town menace Gideon Gleeful behind bars, in actual adult prison. A memorial statue is already being carved in the deceased mayor's honor. *starts to cry as a man goes to confort her* I'm sorry, it's just been so long since we've had real news. I'm just so happy! *cries*

Man: There will be a town hall meeting this afternoon to discuss replacing him.

Stan: New mayor, huh? Wonder who it could be.

We go to the town hall. Almost the whole town came to the meeting.

Blubs: Alright. Order, order, everyone, calm down now! We're here to choose a mayor for the first time in almost a century. According to the town charter *unrolls a really old scroll from where a bat flies out of* a worthy candidate is defined as anyone who can cast a shadow, count to ten, and throw their hat into the provided ring.

Durland: *places a large ring in the center of the room as a hat falls in place*

Bud: Well, I do believe I fulfill all the requirements.

Dipper: Wait, Bud Gleeful?!?

Mabel: He looks good!!!

You: Yeah, considering we through his son in jail.

Stan: That was a good day!!!

Bud: Now, folks, I know our family's had its fair shares as whoopsie daisies in the past but I'd like to make up for it by formally announcing my candidacy for mayor of Gravity Falls!!! Any questions?

Toby: Yes, are you still in contact with little Gideon?

Bud: That's a great question, I'm giving you 50% off a used car!!!

Toby: 50%?!? *rips his notebook in half* 50%?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bud: In fact, everyone, look under your seats!

Everyone: *pick up cards of 50% off*

Bud: You get 50% off and you get 50% off!!!

Mabel: Wow, a colorful piece of paper?!? He's got my vote!!!

You: Pfft, as if he can bribe me with this. *let the card float to the floor*