Chapter 16

Assassinate Snape and get me a time turner and oh some Veritaserum

-ARLENE BLACK BURKE

And maybe okay will be our always.

HERMIONE GRANGER-

The next day was slightly better, it was a weekend so Arlene didn't have any classes, although she did have detention, which she was dreading as she thought of all the horrible things Snape could force her and Weasley to do, from rearranging libra...

The next day was slightly better, it was a weekend so Arlene didn't have any classes, although she did have detention, which she was dreading as she thought of all the horrible things Snape could force her and Weasley to do, from rearranging library books to cleaning the entrance hall with toothbrushes.

Thankfully, the day also included Sage and her being attached at the hip, and hopefully finding an excuse to spend time with Hermione, possibly discussing Wizarding Philosophy a bit more.

Having woken up early, Arlene had the privilege of getting to use the bathroom first and the luxury of getting enough time to decide on what to wear.

Not caring what people thought about her appearance did not mean Arlene did not want to dress to impress, which was clear whenever she stood in front of her closet to decide on what to wear.

Despite Hogwarts having uniforms, there was a long list of clothes to choose from. There was the basic shirt and skirt or trousers, you could wear a tie or a scarf or just leave it at that, but you could also wear the jumper or blazer or if you're on the quidditch team, a varsity, not to mention, the same outfit looks completely different on two people.

For example, both Arlene and Pansy usually wore the same shirt, skirt and green tie, but while Pansy wore fish net thighs and heels, Arlene wore black tights and ankle boots, that and the fact that Arlene would usually unbutton the first three buttons, Pansy's skirt was shorter, Arlene never tied her tie properly and always rolled up her sleeves made them look completely different.

Finally, seeing as Arlene would be working with Sage on the next Hogwarts Weekly paper and serving detention, Arlene decided to simply wear trousers, shirt and her converse, then she grabbed her tie and tied up her hair into a messy ponytail with it.