Chapter 18

Sage stayed with Arlene the entire night, she wasn't really the type of girl who would be depressed over some crush, but even someone as confident as Arlene is bound to have their bad days and Sage wasn't changing her mind anytime soon.

When the lightning rays hit the Black Lake, the Common room was filled with green light that shone on the two girls passed out on one of the couches, waking them up.

Or at least, it woke Sage up, Arlene however, jumped out of bed when thunder was heard.

The long expected thunderstorm was here, and if it was this bad under the lake, Arlene hated to imagine what it would look like in one of the tours.

Sage left for her dorm to change and Arlene went to freshen up then headed for the great hall to grab a quick snack.

Seeing as the first Quidditch match was the next day, the two had to work all day, drawing out the chart, which team needs how many points, which is in favor to win and a quick analyzation of the players.

So Arlene found herself in Hogwarts Weekly room one again, her robes hanging loosely from her shoulders as she sat cross legged, a chalk in hand as she stared at the black board in front of her.

Sage had managed to tie her incredibly curly short hair into a ponytail at the top of her head, a pencil was behind her ears and she was looking with a confused expression at the notebook in hand.

"So Harry has Nimbus two thousand and one?" Sage asked, crossing something from her notes.

"No, no, he has a two thousand, the Slytherin team have two thousand and one." Arlene explained.

Sage frowned "But some of them graduated last year, surely Draco doesn't buy an entire set of brooms every year?"

Arlene opened her mouth, then closed it "Well I have a handmade one, I don't know about Lucian, but Miles, Peggy, Jude and Flint were all on the team last year."

"Why are we even talking about the Slytherin team? The game is against Gryffindor!" Sage exclaimed, dropping her notebook on the table next to Arlene.

Alene sighed and threw her head back "Okay, so we obviously have no idea how to write a Quidditch Issue."

"Really Captain Obvious? I thought we were doing brilliant!" Sage told her, clearly irritated that she was struggling to write.

Arlene didn't reply, they were both silent for a while, until Arlene jumped off the table.

"I'm going for a walk." She announced, Sage nodded, still staring at the notebook as if waiting for it to start writing itself.

The wind was roaring harder than ever when Arlene stepped outside the room, the rain hit the windows violently but the hallways was quiet and empty, all students probably in bed with a hot coca and friends.

Or at least, almost empty, in one of the window seats, sat a familiar brunette Gryffindor, scribbling down a parchment with a frown.

"What's up, Longbottom?" Arlene greeted the boy with a grin, plopping down next to him.

"Oh, er...hi Arlene." The boy stuttered, rolling up the piece of parchment.

Arlene noticed the 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find them' book opened on 394, she guessed Neville was doing the DADA homework.

"You know you don't have to do it," she told him "Snape's a substitute, and he didn't even explain the lesson, he can't give us homework."

"Uh..Yeah, I don't want to provoke him." He mumbled, looking at his shoes.

Arlene bit her lip and looked down, she and Harry could handle Snape taking out his outdated bitterness towards his childhood nemeses on them, but the constant Neville bullying was outrageous.