Chapter 25

"Hark! how the bells
Sweet silver bells
All seem to say,
Throw cares away."

"This seems nice, don't you think?" Arlene asked her mother, picking up a tiny glass object.

Being in a non muggle setting, the two were free to dress in a Magical attire.

They were both wearing black corset dresses but while Paloma's outfit was, what Arlene called 'full on witch' and gave a regal vibe, Arlene's was a tad too gothic.

One thing they had in common though, was the heavy charmed cloaks that fell from their shoulders to keep out the cold weather and falling snow.

The object in question was a Sneakoscope, unlike the knockoffs, this one didn't have flamboyant colors but rather golden lines.

"Who are you getting it for?" Paloma asked, looking away from a Remembrall.

"Christmas is here
Bringing good cheer
To young and old
Meek and the bold"

Arlene tried to ignore the song playing in the store, it wasn't loud by any means, as a matter of fact, it was white noise, but it was the seventh time she had heard it in the past hour.

"This lovely person called myself." She joked, putting it in the basket that was floating behind them.

Paloma chuckled and added a pair of two way mirrors.

Ding, dong, ding, dong
That is their song
With joyful ring
All caroling

"One of your co workers?" Her daughter guessed.

"Who else do I have to buy gifts for?"

Arlene made an offended face "Your brilliant daughter?"

Paloma rolled her eyes "You've already got five gifts, and those are just the ones that you picked out yourself."

One seems to hear
Words of good cheer
From everywhere
Filling the air

"Reminds me, I need to go to Flourish and Blotts, and Quality Quidittch." Arlene commented as she checked out an unspillable goblet, putting it upside down and watching the water hit an invisible barrier.

Her mother nodded "I need to go to Apothecary and a couple other stores as well, tell you what," her mother handed her a tiny bag, small to fit anything other than some knuts, but Arlene knew it had an extension charm "Get all you need and meet me back at the Ice Cream Parlor in three hours."

And so there she was, an hour and a half later, she had already picked out Sage's gift (a self writing typewriter) and was now in Quality Quidditch to continue her shopping.

She needed to get something for her teammates, nothing major, maybe broom polish and new Quidditch gloves, then she was faced with a dilemma.

Should she get something for Draco?

On one hand, they only hang out because they're mutual friends of Theo and Blaise and while she mostly tolerates him, they occasionally clash, not to mention the rivalry between him and her other maybe somewhat friends, Hermione and the boys.

But on the other hand, she only argues with him because she knows that he isn't as arrogant or as entitled as he seems, and it frustrates her to no end when he acts like a jerk.

She sighed angrily and snatched a little cheap looking necklace shaped like a snitch with the words "Ain't no snitch" written across.

"If only I wasn't so fucking nice." She declared in an exasperated tone.