6

At this point, (Y/N) had mastered her main elemental powers and the other elements, along with many other things that she needed to know.

"Guys, we got an alert, the Alterer is back," Nya said.

"That guy is bad news," mumbled Cole.

"Way to win understatement of the century, Cole, " Jay replied.

"We gonna sit here groaning or go out and kick butt?" Kai said.

"Go out and kick butt," (Y/N) replied. Lloyd laughed.

...

"So, the Ninja are back," the Alterer cackled. "Didn't expect to see you ready to attack so soon. Didn't think you were good enough."

"You just earned a degree in underestimating," (Y/N) replied. "Ninja, go!"

The Alterer easily brushed them aside. Well, most of them. (Y/N) was still standing. Everyone else was in a heap on the ground.

"So, one remains to play," the Alterer chuckled evilly. " Good. All the better for me to beat you. At least it'll look like you put up a fight. " The Alterer paused, then squinted. "Hm. I thought you were Nya or Jay. No, you look like the new one. No matter. It'll be easier to defeat you if you're new."

"That's what you think," (Y/N) grinned

"Oh, so that's where you're from. You were the one I captured earlier. You, the fabled Master of Sky."

"Sky beats no element any day. "

"I may not have an elemental power like your little friends, but who's the one winning? Me."

"If I were you, I wouldn't be so sure of myself." (Y/N) laughed. "I know I can beat you."

"Well, if you know it, that obviously means you will win, " replied the Alterer sarcastically.

(Y/N) generated an orb that knocked the wind out of him.I

"Lesson 1: Be alert," the Teal Ninja said satisfactorily. "And Lesson 2: Don't get cocky. Something you should learn."

Lloyd, who had managed to untangle himself, along with Nya, smiled. "That was impressive. I wish I could've done that."

(Y/N) looked at him, noticing how cute that smile of his was - and how cute he was.

Everyone else was still attempting to untangle themselves, which made Nya laugh. "Boys. Don't get me started."

"Hey!" cried Lloyd. "I untangled myself, didn't I?"

"Nya did it better," smirked (Y/N)

"Really?" Lloyd shoved her playfully. What am I doing?  His smile disappeared and he backed off.

"I'm going to help the others, " he said, and walked off.

"Is he always like that?" (Y/N) asked Nya.

"All boys are always like that," she replied.

"So true."

...

For the next few days, Lloyd avoided (Y/N) as much as possible. He knew he couldn't get close to her,  or trust her. After what happened with Harumi, he had vowed never to put that much trust in a person again.

But that wasn't the only reason.

What he was truly afraid of was having her rip his heart out again, then shatter it into a million pieces.

He didn't want to have to put his heart back together.