7

For the next few days, Lloyd made sure to stay out of (Y/N)'s way. If he saw her, he would remember what she had done, and he couldn't remember that without strong...emotions.

"Lloyd!" (Y/N) said, finally catching up to him. "Where have you been? It's like you're avoiding me. I need to talk to you."

Dang, he thought. So much for staying out of her way.

She pulled him into her room. "Lloyd, I really need to tell you this. When I met you all, I knew something. Zane is a robot, and that  would just be too weird. Kai and Jay already have girlfriends, and I don't really think they are my type. Cole is a little too serious.

She paused before continuing.

"But you're different. You are cute, and you're smart, and you're funny, you're strong, and you're a good leader. And that's why, ever since I met you guys, I've had a crush on you. And I can't help but think that you feel the same way - you won't look at me or talk to me. So I finally had to tell you."

Lloyd had no words.

He had sworn not to let emotions control him. But they were right now.

Surprise.

Confusion.

Shock.

Love.

Love.

Love?

No, no, no, this wasn't happening. He didn't, couldn't, wouldn't like her.

Not again.

Not ever.

"I don't and I can't," he said roughly, then walked out the door, leaving a confused and hurt (Y/N) standing there.

...

"Lloyd!" (Y/N) chased after him. "You can't just leave like that!" She was sure that he liked her. His face whenever he saw her was proof.

She finally caught up to her and cornered him. "What the heck? I know when boys like girls, and I know you like me! Why are you doing this?"

Lloyd stared. What was he supposed to do, tell her about his love life?

(Y/N) looked at him, those (E/C) eyes boring into his soul.

"I know about Harumi, you know. I know a lot about the Ninja, and I know how she betrayed you. But can't you see that I'm not like that?"

"Why can't you see that I don't want to go through the pain of heartbreak? Love made me weak. I'm not making the same mistake twice."

"Lloyd, you never are this bitter," (Y/N) almost pleaded. "I might not have known you as long as the other Ninja have. But I know you aren't like this. That's why I fell for you. And I could never fall for another man.

  "Love doesn't make us weak, you know," she continued, her demeanor changing. "It makes us stronger. Knowing you have someone who will always fight for you, be there for you, balance you out, keep you sane."

She was right, and he knew it. He had seen the bond between Nya and Jay, Kai and Skylor, Nya and Kai, and even Zane and P.I.X.A.L. They were always fighting with only the other in mind.

Finally, finally, he realized the truth.

Love can bring the worst of emotions when it's cut, usually cut abruptly.

But it was better to love and be broken than never to love at all. And he decided that (Y/N) was the one. The one person who at least seemed to understand him more than anyone else.

So he leaned in and kissed her.

She seemed a little surprised at first, but she quickly responded. The two had become one.

It made perfect sense to him.

After all, green is half of teal.

A/N: Well I hope that you guys enjoyed the chapter. Don't worry, it's not the end of the book, just the end of part one.