12

A/N: Well yay someone voted on my story, thanks silvermineral :) Oh and 150 reads and 10 votes, still like a huge accomplishment for me, and I'm trying not to make this repetitive but it kinda is. oof

"Are you scared, Jay?" the shadow said calmly. "No? Well, you should be, because you're about to face your worst fears."

"Y-you can't scare me!" Jay replied, trying to look more confident than he felt.

"I already am," he replied. "But that's not a very good type of scaring. Instead, let me try something else."

Suddenly, he noticed Kai there, staring at him with rage.

"You killed her!" he screamed. "You killed my sister!"

"But she's not..." and there she was, lying on the ground. Dead.

"I didn't..." He was interrupted when Kai held up his hand.

"I don't want to hear it. You couldn't protect her, and now she's gone. After a while, I thought it was okay to let you be with her. But I was wrong. How long before you get the rest of us killed too, huh?"

By the time Jay noticed that Kai would never say something like that in real life, it was too late. His fear had him.

  Jay woke up and looked at his clock. 2:19. He groaned. It was much too early to be awakened by bad dreams.

He fell asleep again.

...

"Ah, Cole. We meet again."
"
"I've never seen you before in my life."

"I thought you were smart enough to know that I am everywhere and nowhere at once," the voice hissed ominously.

"That sounds pretty cliche," Cole grumbled. He was sick of whatever this was.

"I love how you act like a big tough guy, but you're just weak. No amount of training can change that."

"Caring for your friends and family doesn't make you weak," Cole replied.

"Maybe not, but it gives you a weakness to exploit," it said. "And besides, if Jay and Nya broke up, you would be the first to go for her."

"Not anymore," he replied.

"Are you sure?"

The scene changed.

Jay and Nya were staring murderously at each other. They were arguing, but he couldn't tell what they were arguing about.

Jay looked to Cole. "Is it true? did Nya tell you that she likes you better than she likes me?"

No, she hadn't, but even if she had, Cole would've lied about it. They were good friends, and he didn't want to ruin that no matter what. Even for Nya, and he had accepted that it wasn't meant to be. She was happy with Jay.

But though he wanted to say no, tell the truth, is lips formed a word completely different from what he intended.

"Yes."

Cole woke.

Was he really that much of a monster?

He didn't think so. He wouldn't lie about that.

Would he?

He pushed those thoughts out of his mind and looked at the clock. 2:19.

Unlike the other Ninja, he lie awake in bed for a while before he fell asleep.