14

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated for all you new followers (thanks for that btw). Reason: My teachers decided it was a good idea to give me a crap ton of homework, plus parents. I'M UPDATING NOW OKAY?

 There was nothing and something right in front of Zane. It looked like a perfectly normal city scene, but he could tell there was nothing there. Almost as if he was staring at a wall.

  He took a step forward. The colors of whatever was in front of him twisted, almost melting.

  Another step and...everything swirled into a blur.

  At first, there was just the distorted, swirling image in front of him. Quickly, though, more things were added into the mix. Little by little, it got more confusing.

  First came memories, little flashes of his life  that popped and were dragged across his vision line. Then objects, some of wish he recognized and some he didn't, swirling around but not blurred. Then numbers and lines of code. Finally, shadows, but they didn't seem to have a malicious intent.

  Everything got faster and faster and more distorted as time passed. Or...maybe time passed, because it seemed like a second took a year at some times and what should've been a week took only a minute.

  Space seemed irrelevant too, because there were some things existing in two places, or some things that were getting closer but looked like they were going away.

  Zane finally took another step forward, and then everything disappeared.

  Well...almost everything.

  The shadows remained, quickly ensnaring him, slowly shutting down each function of his system.

  One shadow rose higher.

  This cloud of blackness opened its mouth, or something similar to a mouth, and he heard something.

  "Could this be considered your worst fear?"

  Zane said nothing.

  "It looks like I found it, then."

  A smoky tendril reached out for him, and before he knew it, Zane was...

  Awake.

  He seemed to be awake now.

  Zane was a little confused. Usually, he didn't have dreams unless they were important, and this one seemed too ordinary. Except for that odd bit at the end.

  His internal clock said that it was exactly 2:19 A.M.

  For a while, he just lay there, staring at the ceiling. Eventually, though, a state of rest took the Nindroid, this time without any odd dreams.

                                                                                              ...

  "Last one," an odd voice said.

  Skylor clenched her fists. She was prepared to defend herself, but as she tried to call upon fire, nothing happened besides a weak sizzle.

  "Oh, his element is already gone," something said. When Skylor looked up, she saw a cloud of darkness with smoky tendrils. She reached out to absorb that, but was thrown back.

  "You have a lot to learn, " it said. "I'm not an element, nor an elemental master - though I'm still more powerful than you."

  "What are you even talking about? Oh, and elements don't disappear, by the way," she replied.

  "Well, no, but you remember your father and what he did. I'm doing a...similar thing, though I have no use for the elements I absorb. All the ninja have been stripped of their element, which means you can't use their powers. And I guess that means that you can't use yours."

  Skylor detected something odd about his statements, but she said nothing.

  Just as smoky tendrils reached out to take her power, she realized something.

  "Even if the ninja's powers were gone," she said, "I could still use their elements, because I've already absorbed them."

  It stopped.

  Everything stopped, in fact.

  As soon as Skylor awoke...

  Wait. Why was she awake? It was past 2 in the morning.

  She groaned, then just fell asleep without thinking about anything else.

  Maybe, just maybe, she would've noticed a couple of odd things if she had observed her surroundings before she fell asleep again.