20

A/N: Welp I have play practice for THREE HOURS every weekday now (and no, no middle of the night updates, I need sleep) so like I will try to update and stuff. I also have a social life too, so ye. I can try to update on the weekends, but I have a little sister, so if she wakes up, this update is out the window...

"Has anyone seen Jay this morning?" Nya stuck her head out her bedroom door. "We were supposed to start building the new mech together."

"Nope, I only just ate breakfast," (Y/N) replied, coming down the hall.

"It's 9:30! How have you just eaten breakfast?" asked Cole nearby.

"Says the guy who wakes up at like 3 am every day," (Y/N) said, then turned to Nya. "I can help you build the mech if you need anyone else."

"No, I'm fine. Jay must've forgot or something. It isn't exactly the first time."

(Y/N) looked behind her. "I think I just heard someone, so maybe he was just out and he's back now."

Cole butted in. "Great, I need to chew him out for eating all my cake."

(Y/N) smirked. "Um, that wasn't Jay..."

Just as Cole opened his mouth, Jay appeared right in front of them.

Nya's face lit up. "Oh, you're here! We can go now if you li..." Her voice trailed off as she noticed the confused look on his face turn into one of pure hatred. "Jay?"

(Y/N) assumed a fighting position just as Jay launched a lightning bolt right at the three of them.

Cole dived out of the way just as Nya fell down on top of him, leaving (Y/N), who quickly created a force field, knocking Jay back for a few seconds.

"Guys, I think there's something up with Jay!" Nya said, dodging yet another bolt.

"Oh you think?" replied (Y/N), attempting to knock Jay out without hurting him.

Jay finally stopped attacking for a second. Cole took this moment to use his Earth Punch to knock him back, accidentally knocking him out.

Everyone was quiet for about ten seconds.

(Y/N) broke the silence. "Cole, were you trying to break the floor or break Jay's head? 'Cause you did succeed for the first one - thankfully, not the other."

Cole bit his lip. "Har har. But I wanted him to stop attacking us so I could figure what the heck is going on right now."

The three ninja looked at each other, then at their friend, and wondered: what was going on with Jay?