Showered With Love

"Hey, can one of you tie this?" I walk downstairs to where Sherry and Brad are talking "I can't reach."

Sherry walks over behind me, pulling on the strings before tying them.

"You look cute. The green and blue really looks good on you."

"Yeah, I'm glad I picked out the dress." Brad walks by as he finishes decorating "You look perfect in it."

"Bullshit. You sat on a couch talking to some grandpa while I fought to get it on."

I look around at all the decorations they have out. They decided that I'm not allowed to help, but I can know about the shower since it's happening at our house and I have no reason to not be home right now.

I walk through the house to look at everything. They decided on an adorable lion cub theme since the nursery is mostly zoo animal themed. It fits in perfectly, and the whole house looks like a zoo threw up on it.

"Aunt Jen!" Coco runs up behind me, attaching herself to my leg "I missed you."

"Aw, I missed you too, honey." I pick her up, laughing slightly at the face she's making "Are you gonna help decorate?"

"No, I gonna eat."

"Smart girl." I pull her closer as I walk towards the kitchen "Let's find something. I'm hungry too."

"Let's get cookies." She lifts her head, looking around the room "Mommy won't see."

I grab some cookies from the tray they have set out, and hand her one of them.

"If she asks just tell her I said you can have one. This day is for me and my baby, so she has to listen to me."

"Baby is my best friend!" She yells excitedly as she touches my belly "I loves him."

"He loves you, too."

"There you are!" Courteney frantically runs in looking for Coco "And you ready talked Aunt Jen into candy. Great."

"She came running in looking for me. I'm her favorite." I hand Coco over "She surprised me."

"She's been talking about this all day. I had to explain to her that it's not his birthday party. I think she expects to see a baby every time she sees you now."

Coco nods her head, thinking she understands what Court is saying.

"Aw, she's going to have to visit him in the hospital. His best friend has to be one of the firsts to see him." I rub my aching back, watching everyone run around with finishing touches "I can't wait for him to get here. These last two months need to fly by."

"Oh, they will. Then he'll be here and you'll wish you had the quiet again."

I walk out to find Brad, and see him fighting with some balloons.

"You're hopeless." I take one from him after he fails tying it for the third time "It's easy. Look."

He takes it back from me, gently hitting me with it.

"You just got lucky."

"Yeah, that's what it was." I stand next to him, looking around "He's going to be here soon."

"I know." He wraps his arms around me, hoping to feel kicking "Just as long as he doesn't come too soon. I still need to talk you into the Yoda nursery sticker."

"It doesn't go with the theme! If it did I wouldn't have a problem."

"There could have easily been a tiny Yoda lion trainer. You don't know."

"You'll get over it."

I go back inside to see that a few guests have arrived. Lisa brought the cake, and Julian who has taken over playing with Coco, and the other guests are all standing around talking.

"You look amazing!" My sister in law walks over to me "Are you getting excited?"

"Yeah, very. We just have a few more things to get ready. I think I'm more excited to relax."

"That's the fun part. And you have every excuse to do it. Take advantage."

"Oh, I plan on it. We were gonna go on vacation for a little, but I've been so tired that we decided not to." I feel someone behind me, and turn to see Brad "What?"

"I just wanted to know what you've been saying about me."

He looks over at Shannon, hoping she'll tell him.

"She's just been saying she's tired. You should really help with that."

"Yeah, you should really help." I add, turning back towards him "Instead of telling me I look tired, do something to help."

"I'm trying my best."

I go back to walking around greeting people and very impatiently waiting for cake.  Everyone is laughing at something in the kitchen, so I go out to look, only to see that Brad ruined part of the decorations.

"Brad!" I try to hide that I secretly think it's funny "I said no Star Wars for now!  And his name is not going to be Luke!"

"I thought it was cute." Sherry walks in to see "I was going to stop him, but he really liked it."

"I like it." My dad agrees, of course taking Brad's side on this "Luke is a cute name."

"You guys are the worst." I go over to the food table and grab a bunch of snacks before going into the living room where are the presents are to find Coco sitting in my chair.

"Up!" I walk over to her and lightly push her off "You can sit on my lap if you want."

"I eat, too." She crawls on my lap, stealing some of my food "It good."

"Are you going to help me open presents?"

"Yeah!"

A few minutes later everyone crowds around us, and Coco and the other kids take turns handing Brad and I presents to open. 

"These are all so cute!  Thank you, everyone!" I say as we finish, staring at the pile in amazement "I can't wait to use them."

We hug everyone goodbye as they leave, and then walk back into the living room to see the mess.

"Well babe, since you won't let me carry much, you can have fun moving all of this."

"Oh thanks, I can't wait."