Happy Brother

"Mama she up?"

Liam jumps into our bed, putting his face right in front of mine as he talks.

"I hold?"

"Not yet, buddy.  She just fell asleep."

"But suns out!"

"I know, but she didn't sleep much last night.  She needs to sleep now... and so does mama."

"I not sleepy."

"Of course not, you got your full five hours of sleep last night."

I lay him next to me, turning the TV on quietly so he can watch.  He luckily knows what to do and lies between Brad and I, giving us both the space and quiet we need to sleep.

I bury my face in my pillow, knowing that as much as I need the rest, if I see Liam or Maxley I'll want to wake up just to be with them. 

I must fall asleep, because I wake up a few hours later to absolute chaos. 

Liam is jumping on the bed next to me, just barley missing me on his way down as he cries and screams something about wanting to play.  Brad is obviously not on the other side of us as Maxley is now laying on my chest, eating as she scratches my arm with her scary sharp nails.

"Liam."  I look towards him, hoping to get him to calm down with no luck.

"William!"

He looks over at me, face bright red and tear stained as he finally sits quietly knowing he's in trouble if I used his full name.

"Mama I hold!"

"Buddy she's eating, did daddy put her here?  Is that what you're upset about?" He shakes his head as he dries the tears "As soon as she's done you can hold her, okay?"

"Daddy go work?" He looks up at me questioning the idea, reminding me that I really need to get out of bed "He take his bag."

"Yeah, buddy he went to work.  He'll be back earlier today though, remember he promised he'd take you to the playground?"

His little eyes light up as he thinks about it, taking my phone from me so he can call Coco and tell her all about the day he has planned now that he knows how.  As soon as I hear their random conversation starting, I get out of bed with Maxley to figure out what we're doing today. 

I leave the door open to make sure he doesn't do anything too crazy as I wonder out to the kitchen looking around for any food I can find.  The last two weeks have been a huge blur with a newborn and toddler, especially with everything going so unexpectedly.  I feel so out of place compared to how it was after I had Liam, I feel like everything is new to me.

"Hey!" My mom walks through the front door at the perfect time, carrying some coffees "Brad told me you were all still in bed so I thought you might need this.  Are you ready for her appointment?"

"Her appointment?"

"Yeah, her two week appointment.  I'm taking you guys in an hour."

"Holy shit that's right."

"Well clearly you aren't ready... go shower while I get them ready.  Make sure you have all that paperwork they gave you when they were here."

I grab all the paper work the doctors gave me after her birth while they were here, throwing everything in my purse before grabbing Liam to throw in the shower with me since he looks like a mess.

"Mama, Maxi sick?"

"No baby she just needs a checkup so they can make sure she's growing good."