Merry Christmas?

"Are you ready yet?" I lean against the living room wall, putting my heels on  as Brad sits on the couch wearing a ridiculous sweater "Party starts in an hour.  You should probably get changed so we aren't late."

"What do you mean get changed?  We own the company and didn't specify a dress code..."

"Brad, no."

"Jen, yes."

"Wil-" 

He quickly stops me before I can get his full name out, spewing a nonsense excuse for why he thinks his outfit is acceptable.

"This sweater is unique and Christmas themed.  The reindeer jumping over the lit up neighborhood represents out companies achievements this year."

"And how, exactly?" I ask, somewhat fearing the answer "Have you been drinking already?"

"I have not!" He acts offended that I would think this ridiculousness could be the result of an afternoon beer "Our company did exceptionally good this year, so it is like a giant leap. The lights represent all the paparazzi that have followed us on account of the accomplishments."

"Bullshit.  You just want to wear the sweater." I grab my jacket as we walk out the door, not wanting to fight anymore about this "Listen to you using all those big words.  You haven't ever used that many big, meaningful words in a sentence you weren't bullshitting in your life."

"It got me out of the house wearing the sweater." 

He smirks, opening my door for me as we get in the car, knowing that his idea worked out for him. 

"Besides, everyone at this party already kisses our asses just to keep their jobs.  I can wear whatever I want and they'll tell me I look amazing."

"So that's why Henry in charge of all the extras told me my shirt looks amazing on me the other day..."

"What?" He quickly looks over at me, almost running over a trash can since he isn't paying attention. 

"Brad!  The road!"

"Who is this Henry guy and why is he talking to you like that?  He shouldn't say that.  Only me and maybe other women should say that."

"He's the one in charge of picking which extras are used for what.  He helps out the directors.  I was in his office the other day to recommend someone new and he said it.  It was that dark purple top you bought me."

"The one I bought.. that should tell you enough to know it probably should only be worn around me... not that he should be saying anything anyway.  He should keep his mouth shut."

"I like it and I'll wear it wherever I want to.  I normally wear an extra tank top under it, but I couldn't find a black one to match."

"Well I know what you're getting for Christmas."

We pull into the production company's parking lot only to see that everyone else seems to be here very early. 

"Act like you love me." Brad wraps his arm around my waist as we walk in "Not like I'm an asshole you're mad at for wearing an ugly sweater."

"Hey, at least you're finally acknowledging that it's ugly.  That's step one."

"And what's step two?" We walk in, smiling at the few people that notice us, and find a quiet corner near the bar "Taking it off?"

"No, that's later.  You'll know what step that is." I get my drink, leaning on him as we talk "Step two is changing into the shirt I keep in my office for you in case of emergencies like this one."