The Rock

"So, you said you come here a lot?"

"Y-yea. I sit on this rock and draw the flowers or ...people."

"People? Like who?"

Keith blushed, not wanting to reveal the fact that his sketchbook is 90 percent lance, "...my mom. Well, I dont really know what she looks like but... I bet she great."

"Keith- I bet your mom was beautiful. In fact, I bet she looked just like you."

"He-heh" keith became intensely flustered and looked at the ground.

Lance went on, "I know you blame yourself for her disapearance keith. And your dads death. But, you need to know they were wonderful people who sacrificed themselves for others. You have every right to feel bad, but think about the people who are alive right now because of them. Think of the life they gave. Life like you keith."

Keith rubbed his shoulder, not expecting the speech, "th-thanks lance."

"I meant every word. Well anyways, pidge says she fixed her drone, and hunk entered a cooking competition!"

"Oh wow that's great! I bet hes so excited!"

Suddenly, they were interupted.

"Hey boys."

Lance questioned carefully, "ugh Nyma? Wheres your partner?"

"I gave him a 20 not to sit quietly. Anywho, keith, I'd like to sit next to my man if you dont mind."

"I uh, of course"

"Keith no. Stay there. Nyma, I'm not your man anymore. You need to accept the fact that were over. Cant you just date one of your side guys?"

"But babey they arent as good looking as you are hun. I need people to think I have some sort of standards."

"That is very flaterring, but please leave nyma."

"Your making the wrong decision lance. I'm willing to give you a second chance. Come on. You know you want it." She took a step closer, but keith stepped in front of her aggressively.

"Look bitch. He broke up with you, because you treat him like garbage. He doesnt deserve this abuse! He is way out of your league anyways"

"Oh but hes in yours runt?"

"I...no."

"That's what I thought. Now lance hun don't make this difficult. Come with me, or there will be concicuences."

Lance stood and put his hand on keith's shoulder, "no nyma. Keith's right. You are and always have been a stuck up bitch. Now, leave before there are concicuences."

"Like what?"

"I'll wash your makeup right off your pretty little face. Right here, right now."

Suddenly she was panicked, as if hes done it before. "AGH NO! Ok, ok I'll leave! But this isnt the last you'll hear from me. I'll get you back. Dont you worry."

"I wont" he smiled and waved as she stomped away.

"Hey keith? thanks for sticking up for me..."

"I- ugh have to go for a minute." Keith walked into the woods clenching his fists, breathing heavily. 

"Keith-" lance put out his hand, but in the end just sat down and waited.

-------

"That was too close. I almost lost it. I get way too defensive around him. He can handle himself I dont need to help... I just need to calm do-"

Before he finished his thought, someone covered his mouth, and pinned him against the tree.

"Dont scream kid. Were looking for a monster."

Keith looked up and was terrified at what he saw. A galran soldier.

"There is someone lurking around here who if half human, half galra and we need him dead or alive."

They released his mouth and he instanly got defensive, "i-ive never even heard of anything like that before! I barely know what galras are! Please dont hurt me!"

The galra looked behind her and shook her head to another one. "This kid wont help none."

She released keith and left him saying, "you better not be lying kid. And if you tell him about us, or anyone, well find you. And kill you."

Keith just nodded aggressively while scrambling to get up, and ran back towards lance.

"Oh your back-"

"We need to go inside. RIGHT. NOW."

----------

Shiros mouth dropped when he saw the panic written all over keiths face, "Keith what's wrong you look like you saw a ghost!"

"Sh-shiro I need to go home. I... I feel sick."

"Go ahead. You can leave early."

Keith nodded and turned to lance, faking a grin, "S-sorry lance."

Lance looked at him, sincerely concerned, "Its fine, just feel better okay?"

-------------

Keith layed in bed, in his galran form and his door locked. His emotions were intense, and he cant control it when that happens.

"I cant beleive they're looking for me... alive or dead... that means they definitely didnt have good intentions."

He rolled over, and looked sideways into the mirror on the wall.

"We are looking for a monster. A monster. I'm a monster."

He sat up, and wiped away some loose tears.

"Maybe i should surrender? No. Then shiro would come looking for me and they'd... kill him. I wouldn't be able to handle that."