#1 Cake

The first bell rang and everyone walked to class.

"Hello everyone, today we will be continuing the partner project. Yesturday I had you get to know your partner, so today would be easier. You will be using chemicals x y and z to conduct this experiment. Directions are on your laptops. Please begin, and ask me for any help you may need. Also, be careful, chemical x is an acid."

"Hey keith?" Lance asked as he poured in the first chemical,

"Yeah?"

"I never really got to thankyou for standing up for me yesturday. It really meant a lot to me."

"Oh well, it's no problem. She was out of line."

Suddenly lance decided to change the subject, "Yeah... well, I hope your hungry because hunk brought his some of his competition entry for us to taste test."

"Oh cool! I'm actually really excited to see how he places."

------------------------

Pidge threw her hands in the air, "Alrighty friends, this is the first place entry!"

Hunk responded shyly, "Pidge I didn't enter yet."

"Oh hunk, hunky hunk hunk. Listen. If this doesnt get 1st place I have to wear an outfit of your choice for a day."

"Um... thats a weird bet but deal. Dang. Now I kind of don't want to win"

"THAT WASNT THE POINT OF THE BET"

Lance and keith laughed, while pidge crossed her arms and pouted In her seat. Hunk handed out plates of cake, "this is my great grandmas cake recipe."

They all took a bite, and lance gasped, "this is the best cake I've ever had. Even the frosting is amazing."

The other two nodded in agreement and finished their slices.

Later, pidge started telling dad jokes.

"What do you call a fake noodle? AN IMPASTA"

Hunk bursted out laughing, and keith giggled.

It took lance a minute, "what's an impasta... oh! Now I get it. Haha"

Keith giggled even more, and looked out the window. His smile instantly left his face when he spotted the galra from the day before. He made eye contact with her, and she left his sight.

He whispered, "shit. the're here."

Only lance seemed to overhear, "what? Who?"

Keith jumped, turning back towards him, "Oh! Uh... no one. I was just talking to myself. I just need some fresh air. I'll be back."

"Keith it's raining though."

"I-it's okay. I've just gotta go." When he finished his sentence, he jogged to the back door, and ran outside.

He ran some distance, but heard someone call him from behind.

"Keith! Keith where are you going?!"

"Dammit lance."

Keith ran back towards him, and tried to convince him, "lance go back to the school. Please."

"Why? Why are you so weird sometimes? Why do you just leave at random moments?"

"Lance I really dont have time to explain this to you. You NEED to GO!"

"Please. You can trust me. You mean a lot to me and I hate to see you like this."

"I..." he was cut off by a unbearable pain in his stomach. He fell to his knees, and clutched his shirt. He looked at his hand, and it was blood soaked.

"KEITH!" Lance's voice cracked as he yelled

Keith coughed, "lance go. Go. GO PLEASE"

he looked down and saw the handle of a knife. It looks like the one his mom gave him. A galran blade.

"What the hell is happening?!" Lance stood there, unable to move, in shock.

"Lance... just leave, I can take care of myself."

Keith looked up to lance and smiled, with blood dripping from his mouth.

Lance knelt down, "we need to get you out of here. Someone is trying to kill you. You need a hospital or your going to bleed out."

"L-lance, you cant see me like this." His words became more slurred.

"Like what dying?!" Tears streamed down his face, "why wont you let me help you? Keith let me take you to a hospital!" If I leave you here whoever threw that knife is going to want to finish the job! If you die right now I'm dying with you!"

"Lance-" The pain became too much. Keith lost his grip. He put his arms over his head, like he was covering his shame.

"Keith- are you... a galra?!"

He sniffed, "ye-yeah." Then suddenly, he fell to the floor, unconscious. 

Lance picked him up bridal style, and started to jog back to the school. He knew who to go to.

But, someone stopped him.

"We found you."

Lance growled, "Who are you?! Are you the ones trying to kill him?!"

"Surrender him before he bleeds out. We need him alive."

"No!"

"You've waited to long, hes basically dead right now. We are the only ones who know how to keep him alive. Surrender him, or he'll die.

"I......Okay. Okay."