Dim The Light

In an instant, the air was still. The light was gone.

Keith looked around once again, and lance was no where to be seen.

He peered down at the key, it had faint blue lettering that now read, 'closed'.

"I-is lance inside the key?!"

Keith knelt on the ground, "what did I do?"
.
.
.
He sat on the bed of the hotel room, staring at the key. He had a strange feeling that the key was staring right back at him.

Warm tears inched down his cheeks, as he rubbed his finger across the key.

He truly didnt know what to do.

Then he thought, "maybe shiro will know what to do, or Lance's mom..."

Suddenly a burst of realization washed over him, "Lance's mom. Shes probably so worried! Lance you dumb ass! She probably thinks your dead!" He spoke to the key, as if it could hear him.
.
.
.
.
The next day, Keith was on the road. He had the key hanging around his neck, and became extremely protective of it.
.
.
.
.
Days later, Keith aggressively knocked on the door of his brothers house.

"Ah. Keith. What's up? Come in!"

"Shiro... I messed up." Keith stomped into the house.

"Uh huh. Wheres lance?" Shiro responded sarcastically while shutting the door and locking it.

Shiros sarcastic expression disappeared when Keith started to tear up.

Keith pulled on the string from under his shirt, and placed the key in his palm.

"I...I locked him in here."

"Ha.ha."

"I'm serious shiro!! I.... I trapped him in the key!"

"...why? And...HOW?!"

"He thought I died...and..." keith lifted his shirt to reveal the bandages, and gestured to the band aid on his face, "he lost control of his powers, and vowed to kill all galra, and he killed lotor. And another soldier. He didnt realize it was me, and almost killed me too."

"you need to bring it to his family keith. I bet they know what to do."

"I was going to. But I came here first because im.....afraid."