recap

"Afraid? I didnt think you knew what that was."

"I'm serious shiro! Lance just picked up a-and left his family... for me! A-and I'm a galra! Hes altean what if they hate me?! I have to go there by myself a-and explain to them that I took their son with me on a death trip around the country. Plus, hes almost DIED countless times, and I almost killed him myself! And omg! Were a gay couple, what if their not okay with that?!"

Keith rambled on, was cut off when the key started to light up.

"Look. Hes telling you to shut up. Keith, you arent a monster. Lance loves you, and his family will see that you love him too."

"But..."

"No buts!! Now go. Get lance out of that dam key."
.
.
.
.
At Lance's house:

Keith stood at the door, procrastinating ringing the doorbell.

He held the key to his heart, and took a deep breath.

He whispered, "dam. This is NOT how I imagined meeting your parents... I thought it would be like... at Thanksgiving or something. But, I guess this works too......"

*ding dong*

"Hola!"

"Hello, Ms. McClain."

"Who are you looking for? Veronica?"

"N-no. I'm a---friend. Of Lance's."

"Lance?! Have you heard from him?! I've been so worried! Do you know where he is?!"

"I do."

She grabbed Keith's arm and pulled him inside. She dragged him into the kitchen and sat him at the dinning table.

"Tell me."

"W-well... hes been with... me."

"Where?"

"Its a long story..." he took a deep breath, and composed himself.

"Look, I'm going to tell you everything. But, you arent going to like me."

"Why wouldn't I like you?"

"Well, you've probably heard of me, my name is Keith kogane, I went to school with lance."

"Oh your the kid that disappeared yes?"

"Yeah. That's me. I'm, half galra, so I had people coming to kill me. I had to leave."

"Half galra? Lance artificially altean but, even knowing that, half galra is quite unique."

"Well, lance managed to involve himself. I was kidnapped, and held captive for months. I apparently also have altean routes, so I gave a elemental power, fire.

I eventually escaped, and left after saying goodbye.

I was on the run.

Eventually I settled to make some money. I worked in a cafe at a college. Which, happened to be the college lance went to. When I tried to leave again, he wouldn't let me, and he... saved me. From myself.

That's when I realized, I loved lance.

After a while, his ex told bad people our location, and put him in danger. And once again, I tried to leave him. But again he stopped me. But I couldnt stay there. So he left with me."

"Are you- his...boyfriend?"

"Y-yeah. Yeah, I am."

"Where is he now?"

"That's why I'm here. We had to fight, and he thought I died. He..."

She cut him off, "lost control. Did you use the key?"

"I did." Keith put the key on the table.

"Oh my. Hes in the key isnt he."

"Yeah."

"You must mean a lot to him. The last time this happened was when his abuela died. Even then, it wasn't this bad."

"Please tell me you can get him out." He teared up again.

"I cant..."

"Y-you can't?!"