Chapter 6

Fallon

I pull away from Adrian when someone knocks harshly on my bedroom door. I step outside when I smell the scent of the male wolf on the other side of the door.

Sage stands with his arms crossed over his chest. A scowl plastered across his handsome face. Mate...

"What the fuck, Fallon! What are you doing with him? You were my best friend for years! Now you're some kind of... faggot?! This is absolutely ridiculous, right? That little bitch cannot possibly be our mate! This is absolute bullshit! The Moon Goddess has to have made a mistake. Especially putting us- two straight males- with that... thing in there. Why the hell is he in your room?"

I stare at Sage in complete shock. How can he think like this?! He has two fathers and his brother Rayne is gay. Why isn't he accepting this?!

"Sage... Adrian is our mate. We are mates! And what about your parents and brother? They all have male mates! You seemed so accepting towards them. What changed? Damn it, Sage, why are you acting like this?!" I whisper-yell at Sage.

I try to keep my voice quiet to be respectful of the sleeping pack members on our floor. All I want to do is scream at Sage and slap some sense into him. Our little mate is a beautiful gift from the Moon Goddess. People just can't go around rejecting their mates.

"Did you ever stop to think that the whole world isn't made up of gay people?! That maybe I wanted to have a female mate who I can have pups with?" Sage growls.

"Adrian is an omega! He can bear pups for us!" I argue.

"I don't want to have pups with him! Or share a mate! I want a female mate who I can have all to myself! I don't want to be like my parents and Rayne! I want to be normal! And if you don't agree with me, then you can go fuck yourself. Or better yet, fuck your little whore of a mate in there! I'm fucking done!" Sage storms away angrily.

I snarl threateningly at his retreating figure, my chest heaving and my cheeks burning bright red with rage.

I am livid.

How could Sage do this? He changed from a kind amazing person to an angry douchebag in just a couple of hours.

What happened to my best friend? Why is he so cruel now? This all can't be over the fact that Adrian and I are his mates.

I let out a frustrated sigh and step back into my bedroom. Adrian lays curled under the covers. His eyes closed, his breathing coming out soft and evenly. I smile and crawl into bed next to him.

I pull Adrian close and he curls up into my side. I place a gentle kiss to his forehead and allow myself to relax. Adrian's arms wrap tightly around my middle. I reach up to caress his cheek affectionately.

He is so perfect...

It takes me hours to fall asleep because of how much stress I feel over the situation with Sage. But It feels good to have Adrian beside me. He gives me great comfort that I welcome with open arms.

Sleep well, my beautiful mate...

I wake up to an empty bed with a note taped to my hand. I chuckle softly and unfold the paper.

Fallon,

I went to the meeting room to discuss some... stuff. I don't really know what we are discussing. I really should have listened better on the way here.

Anyways... I left at 10:00 o'clock, and the meeting starts at 10:30. If I am not back by the time you wake up than I am still in the meeting. Alpha Zaryn agreed to let you come in if you want to. So come if you want... if not I will come back to the room after. I Promise.

Love,
Adrian