Chapter 29

Sage

Two months. Two long months. Rayne's health has gotten increasingly worse. Most days he can barely move, dragging his body across the floor just to eat or go to the bathroom on the rusty toilet attached to the wall in the far corner of the cellar.

Rayne had lost weight during his pregnancy instead of gaining weight. One day Dion brought a scale down to the cellar to weigh Rayne. He came up to about eighty-nine pounds. I knew that omegas usually never surpassed the weight of over one hundred twenty pounds but eighty-nine pounds was not a healthy weight for anyone.

Dion snuck down food more frequently once he found out. It helped Rayne gain back a little bit of the weight he lost. I could feel the chances of Rayne surviving this pregnancy slip away as he was not getting the proper treatment for his needs.

Afton had unchained us during the day. He let us roam around the small room. He took out all the weapons so we wouldn't be able to hurt him. We were able to get a small blanket. It was ratted and barely covered the both of us, but it still provided Rayne with warmth when I wrapped him up in it when we went to sleep.

I hear footsteps leading down the stairs to the cellar. Afton opens the door to the cellar and smiles his evil smile when his eyes land on me. Or rather my swollen stomach.

"Good afternoon Sage," Afton says. "Are you ready for me?"

Afton left me without clothes so it would be easier for him to fuck me. I was constantly cold because of the lack of clothing.

Afton doesn't spare a glance towards Rayne's shivering form. He walks over to me and lifts my legs up and enters me roughly with one thrust. A strangled cry leaves my lips. I feel the blood drip down my thighs. It happens every time so I shouldn't be so surprised when I start bleeding but I still feel shocked when I feel the warm liquid spreading beneath me.

"You know, the more I visit you, the more I want you to stay. You should stay with me and we can build up the strongest pack in the world. We can be all-powerful. Destroying anyone who opposes us."

"I would never stay with you, you sick fuck," I spit out, growling as Afton digs his claws into my hips.

"You will learn not to make me angry one day, my little alpha." Afton's thrusts speed up to an almost unbearable pace. Pain floods my body and I try to push him away from me.

"Let's discuss what our pups' names should be. I don't know the genders but I was thinking about..."

Afton rambles on about everything he's going to do to me, the future of 'our pack', and living situations.

"Once you can prove to me that you are loyal and won't try to escape or conspire against me, I can move you up to a room next to me and our pups," Afton says.

"Don't you ever think that I'm going to allow you to be near my pups." I look up into his eyes and freeze. Something didn't seem right about him. His eyes were... wrong. I never once stared directly into his eyes. There was something not right about his eyes. They were blue and clouded over in the pupils.

Later on, when I was cuddling close to Rayne after the sponge bath that Dion insisted on giving us, I ask him what I had been thinking about the whole rest of the day.