Chapter 24

Rayne

Two weeks had passed. Two terribly painful weeks. My life had spiraled out of control. I found myself sinking back farther into little space more often, staying with Caden while he helped me into footie pajamas and held me while I slept.

We had also learned from one of the rouges that Carlisle had another son. Caden had an older brother. He had not taken the news well. He begged Dad to send out warriors to find him so that his brother didn't follow in his father's footsteps

So far, Dad hadn't found anything on Caden's brother.

Caden and I had been having an excessive amount of sex lately. But it was far from pleasurable for me.

From the day I was cleared from the pack hospital I was given the go-ahead to mate whenever we pleased. It would not harm me. Caden and I went back to our room and had sex. It was nice at first, shock waves of pleasure pulsing through my body. But right as we were both about to orgasm, Caden slowly traced his fingers across the jagged scar on my stomach. Every time we had sex after that, he had done the same thing. Ran his fingers across the scar, staring at the spot with a pained look in his eyes.

So now, as I sit on Caden's lap bouncing as I ride him, dreading the time when he is close to releasing.

I bare down on him, grinding my body into his as he groans and breathes heavily.

At this point since the incident, I felt that I needed some pain. I did anything to get the pain to distract myself from the hurt I held inside my heart.

I would guide Caden into me, unprepared so I would feel the stinging stretch of him spreading me out. Beg him to slam into me hard enough so I would gasp in pain, losing my breath completely.

I would purposely twist in a way that would hurt me, popping my bones and pulling my muscles.

I feel Caden tense up beneath me as he cums. His hand, just like every other time, reaches up to stroke at the scar on my stomach. I don't finish, deciding that I had enough. I lift myself off of Caden's member, feeling the warm liquid dripping from my entrance and onto the back of my thighs.

"Rayne. What is wrong? Are you alright?" Caden asks me, concern etched in a small frown line between his eyebrows.

"No! I'm not alright! I lost my pup which is bad enough. But I have a constant reminder of my failure to protect my pup when you rub your damned hand across the stupid scar! Just... just leave me the fuck alone, Caden. I want to be alone... LEAVE!"

Caden stares at me in shock. He slides out of bed and collects his clothes from the floor. He wordlessly puts his clothes back on, hurrying out of the room. As soon as he leaves, I collapse to the floor. A sob rips through my body, my chest feeling constricted.

I lay on the floor for about half an hour before I hear footsteps outside my door.

The door opens again. At first, I think that it is Caden coming back to try to reason with me. But I cannot smell his scent. In fact, I cannot smell any scent at all. I look up to find a large hooded figure standing at the doorway dressed completely in black. An almost sheer black mask covers the figure's whole face. The figure had the build of a male. Muscles bulging on his arms and chest. On his feet, he wears black shin-high combat boots. A knife dripping with wolfsbane clutched in his right hand.

"You are coming with me the easy way or the hard way," the man says, his voice deep and demanding. "You can submit like a good little omega, or if you decide to fight I will hurt you badly. Alpha said he wanted you alive. But he said nothing about cutting you up a little bit in the process of taking you. So what is it going to be, omega?"

My hands shake as I stand on wobbling legs. I look around for a weapon or an escape route so I could warn someone of the intruder.

"Don't try anything stupid. You try to escape or mind link anyone, and I won't hesitate to kill your mate. Let's go, I'm losing patience."

Tears stream down my cheeks as I silently walk over to the man. He yanks my hands behind my back and ties them together tightly with itchy rope. I feel the ropes cut into my skin, blood bubbling up from my wrists which were being chaffed by the ropes.

Once the ropes are knotted, he shoves a cloth into my mouth, using another one to tie it in place. I gag on the rancid tasting cloth, forcing the vomit threatening to come out back down my throat.

He leads me through the halls which are empty. Where is everybody?!

We exit through a side door and into the forest to a clearing where a black van sits, engine running. The doors to the back of the van swung open and two other men dressed in black step out.

"Johnathan is retrieving the other omega now. Everyone else is at a pack meeting so the house should be clear for the next hour. And by the time they come back, we will be long gone."

"Perfect. Alpha will be very pleased with us. Bring the boy into the van and make sure you inject him so he cannot mind link anyone. He has a mate so you need to block the bond as well. If his mate can feel the bond it will be easy for him to track the omega. Make sure you do not get caught. If Johnathan and I aren't back within the next fifteen minutes, assume we were caught and leave without us."

The man who found me in my room heads back in the direction of the packhouse. The two other men grab onto each arm and tug me into the van.

It takes me a minute to realize that the men must be from Carlisle's rouge pack. And that the other omega that they were going after was Adrian...