Chapter 11

Adrian

I sit in the small hospital bed, hooked up to many tubes and wires. Alpha Zaryn and Luna Eden, as well as Rayne, have not left my side since the incident. Rayne has fallen asleep quite a bit ago. Crying so hard for hours soon end had tired him out.

Fallon was on his way back from wherever the hell he went to this morning. He had just been informed of what had happened to me.

After Rayne had found me I shut down. It worried everyone since I was an omega. I should have been crying, the nurses said. I should have been broken and miserable.

Because after all, I am an omega. And omegas are supposed to be weak.

But I am not weak. I refuse to let this get to me. I refuse to let this incident ruin my state of mind. Ruin my life.
After all... I was unconscious through most of it. No pain at the moment. No mental scars. Just the aftershock of my injuries sustained. The dull pain throbbing through my body underneath all of the drugs being pumped into my body.

Of course, since an Alpha caused my wounds, the pain medicine will not work as strongly. Damn Alphas.

I sigh softly, leaning back against the pillows that were propped up behind my sore body.

Alpha Zaryn looks up and our eyes meet. He leans over to whisper something to Luna Eden. He nods to Alpha Zaryn and picks up Rayne. They exit the room, leaving me to be alone with the Alpha.

"Alpha," I whisper hesitantly. He grabs a chair and pulls it up next to the hospital bed.

"Please, call me Zaryn." He says, his deep voice exposing just how exhausted he really is. The events that have taken place with Sage must really put stress on him.

I nod respectfully. I gasp when he pulls out a covered needle from a cloth that he has had gripped tightly in his hands ever since he arrived here.

"I may not be able to help you heal a wound inflicted by an Alpha... we have not fully understood the science behind it. But... we have figured out a way to abort an Alpha pup. There is no guaranty thet this will work but I want you to have a choice whether or not you want to try to get rid of it." Zaryn places his large hand on my stomach.

"You knew..."

"Of course I knew. My wolf sensed it as soon as it happened. He would have been alerted anyway. The pup inside you is my grand pup."

"So if I am understanding this right... you would let me abort this pup? Try to at least."
Zaryn nods.

"I am not going to force you to have a pup that was the result of a rape. Even if it is related to me by blood. Even if this pup could be the next Alpha to this pack. It is your body. It is only fair that you have a choice. I know that talking about abortion is a touchy subject but in this case," Alpha Zaryn trails off.

After all that has happened today, not the pain or the gazes of pity, this... Alpha Zaryn's understanding... his kindness towards me has finally broken the dam behind my eyes. A choked sob escapes through my chapped lips. I lunge forward and hook my good arm around Alpha Zaryn's neck.

"Thank you," I murmur into the crook of his neck. Alpha Zaryn gives me a reassuring hug back. He pulls away and looks into my eyes.