Chapter 14

Adrian

My anger spikes as Sage removes himself from leaning on the doorframe.

"Aww is my little mate not excited to see me?"

I growl at him, pushing my chair back as I stand on wobbling legs. My wolf protests at the thought of Sage doing anything to harm our pup. All of the pup's Alpha presence has worn off and he was now as equally vulnerable as anyone else would be to a strong Alpha.

"You are not my mate," I snarl. "And when I find out who you are, you will regret ever messing with Sage."

"What do you mean Adrian? It's me! Sage, your mate! I realized that what I did was cruel and I have come to apologize. I would very much appreciate if you would listen to me."

"I know that you are not Sage. From what I have heard from your family and friends you were a nice, amazing person who did everything to ensure the happiness of the pack. I will not stop until I get that Sage back where he belongs. Because you are a monster!"

"Hmm... is that so? Would you prefer me to be kinder? Perhaps next time I will ask you if you'd rather have another arm or leg broken while I fuck you. I'll be kind enough to give you a choice. While you beg and plead me to stop... to let you go. Once I am finished with you I will keep you as my own until I get tired of you. And maybe... just maybe... I'll spare you of having to bare another pup. Wouldn't want to ruin that sexy little body of yours. Because I am kind enough to spare your body of becoming ugly with scars. I hope you know that when you have that wretched thing, I am going to come to collect it along with you. After all... it is my property..."

My wolf snarls viscously at the treat of having our pup taken away from us.

"I will kill you!" I scream out as I throw my empty ice cream bowl at him. It smashes against the wall next to his head. He does not even flinch.

All the commotion alerted the attention of Alpha Zaryn and Luna Eden. Beta Cole and Beta Noah follow closely behind. All looking tired from being woken up at this late hour. Beta Noah rubs his eyes tiredly as he takes in the scene before him.

Luna Eden gasps in shock at the sight of his son.

"Sage..." Luna Eden whimpers.

Sage lurches towards me, grabbing my arm in a harsh tight grip. I struggle against his hold as he whispers what I recognize as a Sun Magic spell.

The world seems to slow down around me as everyone's feet stop moving. As if everyone is being held down to the floor by an invisible force. Their whole bodies freeze in mid-movement. All they can move in their eyes from what I can tell. Their eyes widen a considerable amount as they look at Sage.

I feel the same effect on my body as I cannot lift move anything even an inch.

Sage let's out a malice laced laugh as he slides his large hand around my neck, squeezing hard. I gasp when Sage begins to run his hands down the expanse of my body. I shudder in disgust as he reaches my groin.

He rubs his hand against my crotch in small circles before harshly grabbing a hold of it.

"Hmm, maybe I should just take you right here. In front of everyone in this room. How would you like that, Adrian?"

I squeeze my eyes shut, desperately trying to escape his spell. Eventually, we would be free as the spells cast are almost always temporary, but since Sage is an Alpha his abilities last longer. Which also makes it hard for us to go against the spell because it pains our wolves to go against an Alpha's orders. Them not knowing any better, our wolves think that the spell was a command to stay put until otherwise.