Chapter 26

Rayne

The man's eyes scan over my chest, landing on the scar on my stomach. I can't help the small whimper that escapes my lips as he stands up, pressing a finger against it.

"You, little omega, have caused quite a problem within my pack. Because of you, my little brother refuses to side with us. With his family. Instead, siding with a pathetic little waste of space that couldn't even successfully carry his seed. Poor Caden. What did he do in his past life for Moon Goddess to throw you at him?"

Tears well up in my eyes at his harsh words. The man presses his finger harder onto the scar. He cocks his fist back, aiming at my stomach. Before his fist collides with my skin, his fist jerks back. He curses, slamming his fist into the wall beside him instead. Confusion sparks in my head but is quickly stamped down. Overpowered by the fear.

"What do you want with us?" Sage speaks up, looking just as scared as I felt.

"What do I want with you? Well... you, for starters, ruined my plans. I was supposed to lead the attack to save my brother from you savages. But instead of choosing me to go, father took you in my place. Father favored you over his son! His flesh and blood! Ever since you showed up, father had paid special attention to you. A boy from the pack that took my brother away from us!

"And you," the man turning his attention to me. "You, the reason my father was killed. The reason why my brother decided that he needed to kill his father. If you had just stayed out of it, I wouldn't have to teach both of you a lesson! Dion, bring them down to the basement and tie the little one to the table. It is time to give them a well-deserved punishment."

The man who clothed me in the van -Dion- grabs hold of me and Sage, pushing us towards a door that I failed to notice before.

"No please! Don't hurt Rayne! Do what you'd like to me but please don't hurt him. He's an omega! He could die!"

"I'm counting on it," the man says, sending us a sinister smirk.

Sobs wrack my body as Dion leads us down the dark staircase. The stairway opens up to a room with cement walls. Blood spatters are covering the walls, floor, and tables in the room. Various torture devices hang from the walls and lie upon tables. My heart catches in my chest as Dion leads me to a metal table with straps spread out to the edges to secure hands and feet onto.

"Please, Dion... You don't have to do this!" I beg Dion to do the right thing as he hoists me up onto the table and is quick to strap me down to it. Before strapping my legs down, he yanks off the rest of my clothing.

"It's not like I want to do this, kid. I have no choice. Afton is holding my mother hostage. She is the only one I have left in my life. No mate, no siblings, no friends. If I do what he says, Afton promised that I'll get to see my mother again."

He then moves over to Sage, who growls in anger and discomfort as he is bound in a sitting position, legs shackled to the floor. Once Sage is secured, Dion leaves the room.

Sage's nose scrunches up as he sniffs the air. His eyes widen, tears filling his eyes.

"Rayne... oh Raynie..." Sage rarely ever used my nickname; Raynie, that my parents gave me when I was young. Only in serious moments. My heart stutters as a tear slips down his cheek.

"It can't be..."

"What? What's wrong? Sage, you're scaring me."

"Don't you smell it?"

I lift my nose, sniffing at the air. The coppery stench of blood in the air clashes with the smell of old vomit. But underneath all of it, I can smell it.

"Fuck...Fuck!" I slam my head back onto the metal table and kick out my legs in frustration. I sniff the air again smelling the underlying scent of an Alpha pup. My mind bringing up the events of this morning when Caden forgot to put on a condom and came inside of me. A small whimper escapes from my parted lips.

"I'm going to die..." I whisper in realization.

"Raynie... Don't say that."

"I am! I'm going to die! You know what the doctors said. If I ever got pregnant again by some miracle I would have to abort it because it would be detrimental to my health. And if I got pregnant with an alpha pup I would be forced to suffer through a painful fucking pregnancy that I won't even make it out alive from! Fuck!"

Tears spill over and fall down my cheeks as the reality of what is going to happen to me sinks in. Why me? How could this have happened so fast? I just recently healed. I need to get out of here so I can spend my last final months on earth with Caden. With my family.

I can't believe that I would be in Moon Goddess' kingdom soon. I didn't know if my pup would even make it through the birthing process. I couldn't have a c section because it would be seen as a possible threat to the alpha pup. I can only pray that my pup makes it out alive so that when I die so that Caden can have his pup to be there for him.

The door opens and Afton stalks into the room. He smirks, making his way over to me. Spreading my legs open by pushing my shaking knees apart.

"I may not be able to hurt you because of that spawn inside of you. But there are ways to get around the Moon Goddesses little spell. I can choose to starve you to death... to force you to work until your legs give out under you... so many things I can choose to do to hurt you without being pulled back from you. One thing I can do is touch you. Because I'm not doing anything to harm the little alpha pup, am I right?"

My chest heaves with sobs as Afton unbuckles his pants, stroking his member to life and pulling my bum so it rests at the end of the table. He positions himself at my entrance and is about to push in when Sage stops him.

"Wait!"

"What? What could you possibly have to say to stop me?"

"I-I want you... I want you inside me... to cum inside me... I need you. Please, I need you!" Sage says, voice wavering as Afton smirks, dropping my legs and striding towards Sage. A sob makes its way from my lips as he tears Sage's boxers off.

Sage is trying to protect me... Sacrificing himself so I do not get hurt. My heart clenches and another sob bubbles up in my throat.

I turn away as I cannot bear to watch my brother getting raped by Afton. I clench my fists as I hear Afton's quick rhythmic grunts and Sage's soft cries of pain.

My sobbing has no end as Sage is assaulted feet away from me. Things cannot get any worse. It just can't...