c23

lyra 💫
hey ki?

delivered:
yeah?

read.

lyra 💫
will you come to my sisters game with me? I hate sitting alone and waiting until she's done

delivered:
sure not like I have anything else to do lol

read.

lyra 💫
:)

delivered:
you know I'm right next to you right?

read.

"Shut up." Lyra laughed setting her phone down on the fake marble table in front of them.

Ki smiled, biting her lip and looking down at Lyra's phone.

"Did I miss something? It was like dead ass silent a minute ago..." Acacia said through bites of her pretzel.

"Nah." Ki shook her head still smiling.

"I just say shut up out of the blue sometimes." Lyra said, completely serious in tone.

"Oh do you now?" Ki laughed, resting her head on her hand so she could watch Lyra.

"Yep. All the time." Lyra smugly replied.

Ki couldn't stop smiling at her. She was so damn sarcastic. Ki loved it. It reminded her too much of herself.

On the other hand, Lyra couldn't stop staring at Ki. Ki didn't know what she was thinking about, but something was making her face tint with a light blush. It was probably just embarrassment.

"You guys ready to go?" Acacia said, taking a noisy sip of the last of her lemonade.

"Uh..." Lyra was taken off guard, her eyes still fixed on Ki. "Yeah sure."

Ki quickly looked away, grabbing her SpaceX lanyard from the table. She started to get out of the booth so neither one of them could tell she was actually flustered over the fact that her and Lyra had like a solid twenty seconds of eye contact.

That's a long time right?

Calm yourself, Ki.

————————

After they dropped off Acacia, Ki and Lyra headed over to Lyra's house.

Ki was a nervous wreck. Well, maybe not on the outside, but on the inside she was hard core panicking.

Lyra must've sensed it as they walked up to the garage. As she was pressing the code in, she gently smiled over to Ki.

"It's okay. Gabby's the only one here. The others are at the store."

"Oh." Ki muttered, feeling stupid for being anxious to meet Lyra's family.

She was sure that they were mostly like Lyra. Kind, funny, and outgoing... but maybe she had a hidden fear that Lyra was the only one like that. Maybe she feared that they would see right through her. That they would pick her apart for the mess of a human being that she was.

As the garage door opened, Ki pushed all those thoughts away.

"See? The van's gone." Lyra motioned to the empty concrete pad that they walked through.

Ki looked around the garage as they walked through it. There were volleyballs, softballs, bats, various cleats, and a few different colored soccer balls up against the walls. Ki could tell they were an athletic family, it's no wonder Lyra felt guilty for giving up cheer.

"Ignore the mess. It's always like this." Lyra laughed as they walked up the base wooden steps leading to the door.

The door swung open and there was a chime that went off next to the entry.