c49

content warning: mentions of physical abuse

———————

After dropping Lyra off at her house after another 4 hours of driving around the town, Ki came home exhausted and still in pain from her embarrassing fall.

All she wanted was to take a shower and go to bed, but it was only 5 and Shori most definitely would've dragged her ass out of bed to eat dinner anyways, so staying awake was the best option for now.

Instead of plopping down on her own bed and scrolling through her phone until the boys got hungry, she beelined straight to their bedroom—not necessarily knowing why, but also just wanting the company.

She threw her keys and jacket on the floor next to their bedroom door as she rolled through their open doorway. She sighed as she heard the tv playing an episode of house hunters, knowing that once they all started watching they'd be sitting on the bed for hours and ordering take out so no one had to leave the marathon. It was like a family-guilty-pleasure, they all secretly loved the show, but heaven forbid any of them admit it.

"Hey kid." Andi mumbled sitting cross legged in his spot with a stack of papers in front of him.

"Whatcha grading?" Ki walked across their soft white rug, placing her hands out onto the bed to climb on to the end.

"Students choice on the history of a political movement." He clicked his pen, writing something in the margins of the paper in front of him.

Ki pulled herself onto the bed, immediately collapsing face first into the end where a blanket laid crumpled up a top the array of wrinkled bedsheets from their unmade bed.

"So did you guys have fun?" Shori unintentionally yawned from where he was laying down beside him on the bed, his eyes closed as he leaned into the side of Andi's leg.

"I mean, it beats sticking in here with you losers all day..." Ki mumbled, settling her weight into the memory foam mattress.

"Hey now..." He laughed, starting to wake himself up from what Ki assumed was a nap from before she got home.

Ki watched as he yawned again, opening his eyes with a hesitant squint, looking as if he wanted to fall back asleep. Ki wouldn't have blamed him at all. Suddenly he pulled his face away from Andi's knee and looked at Ki with his eyebrows furrowing into the center of his face.

"What did you do?" Shori investigated at her with an accusatory tone.

"What do you mean?" Ki got thoroughly confused for a moment, hoping she hadn't done something to piss them off before she left.

"Half your shoulder is purple, how the hell did you do that?" He started sitting up completely, rubbing his hand over his forehead as he struggled to keep his eyes open. "Tell me you didn't get into a fight, Ki I swear..."

"Oh, no... not a fight." She settled her confused look into a pathetic smile. "I went skating today."

"Okay, and?" He waved his hand out for explanation.

"And I was doing a routine..."

"Ki..." She could hear the 'come on, kid' in his voice already.

"And I started a jump... and fell."

"Oooh in front of Lyra. That's gotta hurt." Andi hissed, almost sounding like holding back laughter at her idiocy.

"Yeah thanks Andi, it hurts regardless." She rolled her eyes, moving her other arm up to rest her face on.

"Did you ice it? It looks like you got hit with a bat Ki... how did that even happen? You know better."

"I know, I know. And yeah I iced it or whatever, but I just totally blanked... it happens."