epilogue

2 months later.

————————

"Ki seriously we're going to be late!" Ki heard Lyra yelling from the bottom of the stairs.

She hadn't seen her since the garage door opened 15 minutes ago to the sound of clicking heels and laughter between her plus one and her best friend. Ki knew they were both down there anxiously waiting as there was only an hour left before they had to be at the wedding and it was 20 minutes away.

'Be there an hour early incase Shori has a mental breakdown, please... I've already got to deal with making sure my family doesn't kill somebody while they're here.' Andi had told her in a frenzy last night before they went to bed.

Heh, sorry Andi.

Ki took another glance in the mirror as she pulled her blazer down crisply against her chest and shared a smile with herself as she nodded and grabbed her phone from her desk.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." She called as she started walking faster down the hallway and towards the stairs that held the rest of her carload.

"Andi said Veronica is already there waiting for you." Acacia was looking down at her phone texting him back as Ki raced down the stairs, her straightened hair falling behind her shoulders in a gust of air.

"We'll be there as soon as we can, okay?" She turned to briefly roll her eyes at Acacia in her long sleeve knee length purple dress, as she slipped past her and grabbed her lanyard from off the side table.

"Whatever." Acacia mumbled under her breath, starting to open the door when Ki heard a whisper from behind her.

"Ki...?"

She whipped her head back, and Lyra was standing there with a soft smile, her hair pieced back into a prom-like braided bun that was most likely Gabby's doing, and a long flowey cobalt blue dress that cut down past her collarbone and contrasted beautifully with the color of her eyes under a thin layer of blue eyeshadow.

"That looks great on you. Shori was right." She reached a hand to Ki, showing off a fresh coat of sparkly silver nail polish that she had to have done this morning, as it wasn't on when she was over for dinner last night.

Ki took her hand graciously and gave it a gentle squeeze as she stood there without the words to say. Her face most likely looked blank and out of focus, but she had just never seen Lyra so dressed up before, and for the first time she knew exactly how it felt to be the guy crying over how beautiful their girlfriend was.

"You okay?" Lyra stepped in closer to her, her sparkly silver heels showing out from underneath the dress as she took a step forward.

"You're just... wow..." Ki shook her head, trying to get her her thoughts. "So beautiful. You look amazing."

The moment didn't last long before Acacia was clearing her throat and stepping outside into the cold breeze.

"Well guess what? You'll see it again because it's also my prom dress." Lyra laughed as she started moving towards the door with Ki fumbling behind.

"We can talk about how cute you are later Lyra, let's go." Acacia practically sprinted out the door to the car, eager to get to the venue in enough time to spot out where the food was going to be so she could beeline when the ceremony was done.

"Alright, alright. You can't be late miss-best-man."

————————

The three girls were rushing down the hallway as fast as they could to get to the back room where the wedding party sat patiently waiting for their time to go down the aisle ahead of the grooms.