c25

lyra 💫
are you ready?

lyra 💫
are you ready?!

lyra 💫
get up Ki!

lyra 💫
you're killing me

lyra 💫
wake up... I'm lonely no one else is up at 5 in the morning...

delivered:
jesus lyra I'm getting ready to leave relax

read.

lyra 💫
pick me up?

delivered:
sure. be ready in 10

read.

————————

As they loaded the charter bus, all the kids standing on the sidewalk were shivering. Most of them complained about it 'being too early for this shit' and that they needed coffee. Lyra was running on pure pent up excitement, and Ki was entertained watching her.

"Alright guys! Listen up!" Mrs. Moon shouted from the steps of the bus. "You don't have to sit with your roommate, but I'm doing roll call when we get on so pay attention and don't get too loud."

There were silent murmurs among the crowd as they followed her up the stairs of the bus.

"We're sitting together right?" Lyra mumbled as they followed in line.

"Unless you have more important friends on this trip." Ki retorted.

No Ki. It's too early for sarcasm. People will think you're a bitch.

"Nope. Guess it's us then."

————————

It was still dark out as they were an hour into the trip and it seemed as if everyone was sleeping, but Ki.

She found it hard to go back to sleep after she'd already woken up. So here it was 6:30 and she was just sitting on the bus listening to The Neighbourhood.

Lyra had fallen asleep. She was curled up against the window in her sweatshirt and leggings and Ki actually pitied how hard it must've been for her head to hit the window every time the bus hit a bump.

She must've been so uncomfortable. She looked like a turtle.

Then almost on cue, the bus hit a pothole. It shook all the windows. Lyra immediately sat up, grabbing the side of her face.

"Fuck you bus." She grumbled pulling her hood over her head.

She pouted her lips and forced her head directly back into the headrest with a sigh.

Ki bit her lip from the inside, hoping it would keep her from laughing at Lyra's little outburst, but Ki found herself smiling anyways.

"I can see you Ki." Lyra mumbled from beside her. "Don't laugh at me."

"What? No. I'm not." She pulled out one of her earbuds.

"Yes you are." Lyra sighed, shuffling her position in her seat.

She turned her head towards Ki, glancing over to her phone.

"Whatcha listening to?"

"Neighbourhood." Ki mumbled, handing her the earbud she just took out.

"Which album?" Lyra yawned, taking it.

"It's all on shuffle."

"Ah." She put it in her ear.

Then Lyra did something Ki didn't expect. She leaned her head over on her shoulder and closed her eyes.

Ki's heart started racing, as the other girl started to fall back asleep on her arm. She prayed Lyra couldn't tell how fast her heart was beating. She prayed no one looked over to them and saw how red her face was.