Chapter 8

I woke up to someone poking my face. I opened one eye and saw Robin kneeling down beside me. "You need something?" I yawned, sat up, and stretched. Robin stood back up and stuck his hand out. "Batman is having you stay back at home, since you're family and all."

"COOL!" I said jumping up. "I have never been in the original house before!"

"Really?" he asked sounding only half interested. I rolled my eyes and followed him to the Zeta Tube. "Yeah, to bad it burned down after you had stayed up all night on your computer and it overheated." I lied.

"I DID WHAT?!" I faked a serious face. "Yah, you know, I think it actually happened around this time." he seemed utterly shocked by this and stopped walking. I walked past him and let a smile break loose. "Come on Rob. Let's go!" We transported to the Batcave and I stepped over to the giant computer. "Sweet." I mumbled sitting down on the chair then clicking the space bar. The giant computer screen suddenly lit up and was full of security camera clips, headlines, and lot's of random pictures from different cases. Most from the unsolved case from what looks like last week. Joker. In the future we have a Joker. Some argue that he was worse than the past Joker others tend to disagree. I clicked the newspaper picture and widened it, making it easier for me to read.

Joker: Murderer of a Thousand

In two days it will mark the 23rd anniversary since the first attack made by the Joker in Gotham City. Counting the lives taken in various attacks over the last two decades, almost five thousand deaths have been put on record in relation to the Joker. After each attack, the Joker always causes more than one fatality, sometimes dozens. Sending him back to Arkham Asylum isn't helping. But the laws and morals of the people won't allow authorities or vigilantes take the sick clown to his grave. Is there any other way to stop the deaths from continuing? Additionally...

There was actually more to the article but I lightly skimmed over it. I leaned back in the chair and heard someone come in the cave from the elevator. It was Dick. "Hey uncle!" I said

turning around to see him. He gave me a nervous smile and waved. "Hey Becca. Have you seen Tim?"

"I'm here." Tim said walked up to us. He glanced at the computer screen. "Bruce still on this one?" Dick nodded. "Joker still hasn't made a move yet."

"Of course not." I said. "He wants to wait for someone, sometime, and somewhere. This is one thousand people. That may not seem big to you, thinking about the thousands of people you saved but, he waiting for someone that'll put a smile on his face when he kills them." they both stared at me with mouths agape. "You get really scary when you talk like Bruce." Dick said. I shrugged, "It runs in the family. Anywho it's Gordon tonight." I stood and stretched.

"Huh?" Tim said.

"Gordon you know the Commish? And the gala?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Crap." Tim muttered. "Dick suit up we gotta go. Becca you're here in cams and coms."

"Got it now go." I checked my watch. "You have forty minutes." they took off and I sunk back in the chair. "I wonder is they'll save him this time?"

Another chapter yeah! Thank you guys for reading remember to comment and vote.