Chapter 18

Bruce let me keep the prototype suit and insisted that I get a mask or hood. I decided on the codename Phoenix. It had originally been Black Bird in the Future, but it was time for a change. I was wearing skinny jeans, a black and white striped shirt, a jean jacket, cute ankle boots, and a pair of sunglasses. I put my hair back in a ponytail and got ready to remeet the team. Soon we all were transported to the Young Justice headquarters. "Attention team," Batman said. "Today we have a new recruit."

"Isn't that the girl from the future?" Superboy asked.

"Yes. She is Phoenix. I expect you to train her." with that Batman walked away to do what it is that he does.

"Hi." Megan said. I never really like Megan, she was always kinda too nice, you know? And the fact that she tried to manipulate Superboys mind....

"Hi, crash to meet you again." I said. Artemis walked up to me and said, "it's nice to have another girl on the team. Let's go to the gym, I want to see your abilities." we all walked to the gym and they gave me spare clothes for me to wear. 

I started to do a few warm ups with consisted of arm and leg stretches. Then Artemis lead me to the bench press. "First you strength. There's fifty on each side already, but well add more as we go on." I nodded and laid down. This was too easy.

"Alright, go ahead and add more." I said confidently. She added another fifty on each side. Soon there was two hundred and fifty on each side.

"Alright that's it." I said getting up.

"That's impressive." Beast Boy said.

"Alright next," Artemis said. "Shooting and throwing." she handed me a gun and pointed to several targets. I raised the gun and hit it in the dead center. I hit the other four targets and just like the first, hit them all in the middle. She then handed me a bow and a few arrows. Sam happened hit the gun. Then I was handed knives.

"It's been awhile since i've thrown knives." I said straightening up and flicking my wrist throwing the knife into the middle of the target. I did a mini victory dance in my head and soon every target had a knife in it.

"What's next? I asked eagerly.

"Next it's sparring." Robin said. I followed him to the middle of a glowing circle.

"First Phoenix verses Lagon." he smirked as he walked to the middle of the circle with me. I didn't like this guy that much either.

"Start," Robin said. We circled each other for a second before he ran at me. He jumped up and brought a fist back to hit me, leaving part of his stomach exposed. Before he could hit me I kicked him in the stomach and pinned him down.

"Winner Phoenix, now Superboy verses her." The same thing pretty much happened gain except he lasted long. He had run at me and went for my legs. I jumped up, doing a flip and landed on his face. I pinned him and smiled.

"Phoenix wins again, now Bart verses Phoenix."

"Just like old times." he said walking up.

"Yep," I said popping the p. "Ready to lose?"

"Just about to ask you the same thing." I ran at him this time and slid through him legs. I grabbed his right leg and pulled him down. He jumped up before I could pin him and tried to flip me over his shoulder. I snaked my legs around his torso and pulled him down, making him face plant. He fazed through the floor and appeared behind me. I flipped backwards and landed on his shoulders making his crumple under my weight, not that I was fat or anything! I then pinned him down.

"Alright alright! You win...again." I laughed and helped him up. We did a few more tests and I aced them all.

"Lunch time!" Megan said. Everyone ran to the kitchen besides me and Bart.

"Sooo," Bart said smiling, "wanna go out and grab something?"
"Is Megans cooking still bad?"
"Oh yeah." he laughed.

"Sure, let's go." Soon we were long gone.

I'm Back! Thank you all for reading. Please comment and vote and I'll see you later. Bye!