Chapter 20

Bart and I were standing in the middle of the desert behind a tall sand dune in the middle of the night. The moon shone over us and in front of us was several storage buildings that was supposed to be abandoned. Supposed to be.
"Batman said that the Reach are looking at this for a undercover mini base." Bart said reading the information off my wrist computer.

"I don't remember this ever being a Reach base though."

"Who knows? Anywho I'm gonna do a perimeter check." Before I could stop him he zoomed off making a trail after him. I groaned and stopped up.

"Might as well walk in the front door." I said jumping over the top of the dune. I quietly ran in the shadows looking for a vent. Father always told me that surprise was key in stealth missions. I pulled myself through the vents and crawled quietly until I was in the middle of the room. I looked through a grate and saw bart tied up in the middle of the room.

"He couldn't go five minutes without being caught." I mumbled. A few aliens that I recognized were guarding the door and windows. I removed the grate and silently dropped down. I took out a smoke bomb and rolled it towards the biggest cluster of aliens. It went off and they all began yelling in their language. Bart fazed through the ropes and began to knock out the aliens. I hopped from one to another bouncing on their heads the knocking them down. Soon we were the last ones standing.

"Knucks." Bart said holding up his fist. I rolled my eyes and gave him a fist bump.

"What should we do now? The Reach might still use this place for their base."

"We could blow it up?" Bart said joking.

"Okay," I said opening up my utility belt. "I have mini sticks of dynamite."

"I was totally kidding." he said backing up.

"And I'm not. Hey alien freaks!" I said waving around the dynamite, "It's time to blow this up!" they all ran out yelling again and I placed the dynamite around.

"Let's light this up!" I flicked a match and lit the fuse. Bart grabbed me and ran us both out of there. He set me down 50 yards away right as it exploded.

"That. Was. Awesome!" Bart cheered. I laughed at him and jumped on his back.

"Let's go home. I'm hungry and tired and thirst and hungry."

"Okay okay. Hold on tight." He ran us to our ship and we flew home.

Timeskip

We walked into the main room of the mountain and came face to face with angry Justice League members.

"What were you thinking?" Nightwing yelled running up to us and checking us over. "You could have died!"

"But we didn't and the Reach won't be able to use the buildings as a base." Bart said lifting his goggles off his face. He had ash all over him except the area where the goggles covered.

"You two are now under the watch of Nightwing and Megan." Batman said motioning to them. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay," I said, "But, we still get to go on missions and do any other extracurricular activities."

"What kind of extracurricular activities?" Black Canary asked crossing her arms.

"You know the usual." I said not leading on.

"Fine. but any other explosions or rash ideas and you're both grounded for a month." Batman said glaring.

"You sound like father." I said smiling. "It's a deal."

Timeskip

Bart and I were now laying on the couch in the living room with the tv set to static.

"I can now see why Superboy likes watching this stuff." I said mesmerised. Bart laugh and I chucked a pillow at him.

"What extracurricular activities do you have? I don't remember you having any."

"I don't have any yet, but I was thinking of getting a job. I had one in the future and I have a lot of time to pass you know." I said sitting up to face Bart.

"I remember. You were a singer working at a bar illegally." he said scoffing.

"Those were the days." I said. "They would pay me extra for keeping quiet. It helped pay for repairing my bike when you trashed it."

"I apologise a hundred times already!"

"I know, but there's a bar in Gotham that pays really well for singers, and the drinks are free."

"You're underage."

"That never stopped us before." I chuckled. "And I'll be fine. All the rich snobs go there so they all have bodyguards everywhere."

"How are you going to audition? They won't let you go Becca."

"Well, let's hope I have a good enough voice still."

Two in a row! Thank you for reading, please comment and vote. Hope you guys are having a good weekend. Thanks again and bye! 

p.s. guess who'll be in the next chapter😉