Chapter 21

It was one thirty the next day and I was sitting on my bed with a laptop provided by grandfather and a few scattered papers. I had looked a few places for a job nearby to pass by the time and make some extra cash. I feel bad using grandpa's money for extra stuff I don't necessarily need. I had been to a few bars looking for work, and fortunately, a few will secretly hire an underage girl. I emailed them a few audio recordings of me singing a few different songs and was now waiting for them to reply. My phone then buzzed next to me as I layed on my back bored out of my mind.

Bart:

hey what's up?

Me:

Nothing I sent a few audio clips to a few places looking to hire

Just waiting now

Bart:

Everyone but you is here and is bored

Can i come over please???

Me:

sorry but i think that jason would have a cow if he saw you again

Bart:

Then can you come over here? We can watch a movie or something...

Me:

Sure give me five minutes

I jumped off my bed and changed into a sweater and black jeans clothes. I put my hair up in a messy bun and through on my sunglasses. I slipped on some cute boots and transported to the mountain. I walked into the living room where bart sat unpaitietly with a giant bowl of buttery goodness. I plopped down next to him and grabbed the remote flipping through the movies.

"Why is the team so bored? You guys still have the 100."

"We finished all of them."
"But there are 5 seasons."
"So? We binged watched."
"Their 40 minutes per episode."

"Again we binged watched. We stayed up all night and morning watching them." I rolled my eyes and selected The Road to El Dorado.(one of my favorites) ten minutes in, Blue, Beast Boy, and Lagon joined us. The team slowly joined us through the movie. When it was over they started Pirates of the Caribbean. The team had just started the sequel when I checked my watch.

"Sorry guys but I gotta go. See you tomorrow." they all said goodbye and Bart walked me to the main room.

"Thanks for coming today. We would have died of boredom." Bart exasperated. I rolled my eyes and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I think there'll be a mission tomorrow so be ready." I said walking away.

"Okay. Bye Phoenix."

"See ya Bart."

Time skip

I opened my laptop and saw that someone had gotten back to me. I clicked on the email and began to read.

Dear Miss Becca

We weren't entirely sure what talent any fourteen year old had for singing onstage, but you blew us away. We would like you to come downtown tomorrow at 9:00 am to our bar and tryout with the other few selected girls. You will be paid a handsome price just for your tryout, and double if you make it. We will keep your age a secret to any others, and you will be given a fake ID as well.

~The Bittersweet Bar~

I know I know. They have a terrible name. But, the pay is awesome and everyone that's there is loaded with cash. I closed my computer and walked into my closet, looking for something decent. I found a pair of skinny jeans, a white flowy long sleeve shirt, and a leather jacket. That's when I remembered out mission tomorrow.

"Crap." I muttered. Setting the clothes on the dresser.

"Becca dinner!" Dick yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I walked downstairs and sat down at the table with Dick, Jason, and Tim. Bruce was nowhere to be seen. Alfred brought out mashpoatoes and gravy with steaks and told us eat without Bruce.

Timeskip

I was about to clear my dishes when Bruce walked in.

"Excuse me," he said. "But I have an announcement." a small boy with black hair and blue eyes walked in and I nearly dropped my dishes.

"This is my son, Damian Wayne." the boy looked around the room glaring at everyone before his eyes setted on me.

"Why is a girl here? You only told me about your fake sons." he scoffed

"Nice to meet you to Father." 

Two in a day! You're welcome and thank you for reading! Please comment and vote and see you tomorrow.