Sisters what are you gonna do?

"I'll get the prima donna room prepared." Madame Giry grabbed Christine's hand and began to lead her off of the stage. I started to follow, but Madame Giry turned and glared at me.

"You need to go to your room and rest. I will come get you before the gala."

I frowned but did what I was told. I began walking in the direction that I thought we had come from. I walked for atleast fifteen minutes until I realized I was lost.

"Well this is just freaking fantatsic." I grumbled to myself.

I turned around and began to backtrack. After a few minutes I noticed a small staircase in the distance.

"How did I miss that before?" I ran over to the narrow stairs.

Once I reached the top I felt lost all over again. I had absolutely no idea where I was at, but I decided to keep going. After a few feet I came to an abrupt stop. Shit! I was standing inbetween two seperate hallways. Okay it's not so bad, I'll just go down one and if it isn't right then I'll just turn around and try the other.

Then I heard it. I couldn't tell which way it had come from, but I had deffinately heard a piano. My whole body seemed to freeze in place. I didn't know why I was so scared, it was just a piano. I let out a relieved sigh and was about to take the left hallway when I heard it again. This time it was much louder and I knew exactly where it had come from. I turned around and slowly made my way down the right hallway. The narrow hall seemed to grow darker as I crept on. Once I reached, what I thought was, the end of the hall I stoppped. There was nothing there, no doors or windows, there was nothing but darkness. I was about to turn around and head back when I saw something. To my left I noticed a faint ray of light that seemed to be coming out of the wall itself. Feeling my way through the darkness, I cautiously stepped over to it. I ran my hands along the wall's cold surface until they found a small handle. Forcing my fingers to move, I slowly began to turn it. The door creeked open and I stepped inside.

I found myself in a small room that was lined with bookshelves on either side. There were a few small candles burning on a table to my right. The ceilng was nothing but cobweb filled rafters that looked as if they could fall at any given moment. I closed the door behind me as my eyes found what I had been searching for. On the wall across from the door, and myself, was a large grand piano.

Completely forgetting my better judgment, I ran over to it. I absolutely love playing the piano. Mother had made me learn after my ballet failure. She said I needed to be good at something useful. I'm not quite sure how playing a piano is useful but I am deffinately glad that I had learned.

I sat down and ran my fingers along the keys. There was some sheet music neatly placed on a small stand above the keys. I flipped through it but eventually decided to play one of my favorite songs. I figured it didn't really matter what kind of song I played, I mean whose going to hear me way up hear anyhow? The song wasn't very complicated, I remember when my best freind had made me listen to it. I fell in love with it immediantly and had to learn to play it as soon as humanly possible. Placing my hands on the keys I began to play the happy melody. Letting my voice fill the empty room, I started to sing.

"Slow down, we've got time left to be lazy. All the kids have bloomed from babies into flowers in our eyes. We've got fifty good years left to spend out in the garden, I don't care to beg your pardon, we should live until we die."

The sound of footsteps caused me to stop. It almost sounded like they had come from above me. I looked up into the dark rafters, but there was nothing there. Figuring it was just my imagination, I continued to play.

"We were barely eighteen when we'd crossed collective hearts. It was cold, but it got warm when you'd barely crossed my eye. And then you turned, put out your hand, and you asked me to dance. I kew nothing of romance but it was love at second sight."

There it was again, the footsteps. It deffinately wasn't my imagination this time, there was someone in the room with me. Something told me that I should leave, but I stayed.

"I swear when I grow up, I won't just buy you a rose. I will buy the flower shop, and you wil never be lonely. Even if the sun stops waking up over the feilds, I will not leave, I will not leave 'til it's our time. So just take my hand, you know that I will never leave your si-"

"Katerina" My hands came to an abrupt stop. It was a whisper. Someone had whispered my name. I nearly knocked my seat over as I quickly stood up and spun around.

I slowly started to walk across the room, looking in every nook and cranny along the way. I was almost to the center of the room when the door began to open. My heart nearly jumped out of my throat as Ezra entered the room.

"Jesus! You scared the hell out of me!" I didn't know if I wanted to slap him or fall over.

"You should watch that foul mouth of yours, Meg is right behind me." He smirked.

I felt my face flush. "How did you find me anyhow?"

"I know you better than you think and this is our only hiding place that Madame Giry hasn't discovered yet." He was still smilling.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Just for curiousity sake, what do the two of you want?"

"Well if you must know, your sister has decided to lose her voice and you are her only replacement. Although I think she may be faking it." He was grinning until he saw the look on my face.

My smile had fallen and my eyes narrowed. "She did what?"

He frowned. "I can understand why you're an-"

"Oh Ezra I thought you couldn't find her! Now come on, the both of you, we must hurry!" Meg was standing in the doorway, looking as if she had just ran a mile.

She grabbed my hand and marched me out of the room. "Oh Kat it's terrible! Christine can hardly make a sound."

I sighed. "Oh I'm sure she can't."

*(The song featured in this chapter is The Gambler by Fun. I, of course, do not own it) I wasn't a hundred percent sure if I needed to copyright that(or whatever it is your subjected to do with those sort of things)but just to be safe, there it is.*