Pick your poision

Two chapters in the same week! I'm on a roll here!

By the way, I published another story yesterday. It's called Cry Wolf and guess what? It's about werewolves! Although right now I'm sort of treating it as an experiment, so check it out because the amount of reads/votes/comments it gets will determine if I go any further with it. It's just one chapter for now though...

The Phantom of the Opera is not mine, nor will it ever be :( 

Damien's POV

        I whistled to myself as I scaled the steps of our newly acquired Parisian apartment. It was a beautiful fall day and everything was going according to plan, well for the most anyway. I'd found Ezra, the little toad, and am very close to getting the girl. Ah, mother will be so pleased, though I'm still not sure why she wants the girl. 

        I'll have to get it out of her one way or another. 

        I opened the door to be greeted by our maid. She was a short stubby women with frizzy hair and beady eyes. I've never bothered with her name.

        "Bonjour, monsieur! Is there anything I can do for you?" Her cheeks went bright red with forced enthusiasm.

        Normally I would tell her to go do something that would probably result in me getting slapped, but I was in a particularly good mood today.

        "No, but thank you." I smiled and headed for the drawing room, leaving her confused in the doorway.

        The drawing room doors were opened slightly, so I knocked once then let myself in. Mother was pacing in front of one of the large elongated windows that lined the room, I didn't know why exactly, the shades were always closed.

        Her blond waves were pulled back so tightly it looked painful, and she wore a dark dress that draped over her thin figure. 

        She reminded me of some horrible creature from a children's fairy tale with her dark lips and thin, bony fingers. 

        "Wipe that smirk from your face." She demanded without looking at me. Her voice was sharp and cold, it frightened me but I'd never show it.

        "Mother," I ignored her remark and sat at the end of the long table that rested in the center of the room. "It is so good to see you too."

        I continued to smirk as she turned to sit at the opposite end of the table. 

        "You're in a presumably good mood today." She noted, though I knew she didn't really care what kind of mood I was in, unless she caused it.

        "Oh I'm sure you will take care of that, mother dear." I smirked again.

        Her eyes raged with anger almost immediately. Well that was easy.

        "Did you find them?" She asked through gritted teeth.

        "Of course." I said simply.

        This only angered her more. "Do you care to elaborate on that?" 

        "They are at the opera house, like you said." I stood and walked toward her as I spoke. "I found Ezra, but I couldn't reach the girl."

        I stopped when I reached the chair to her right. She didn't bother to look at me, it was our usual silent agreement.

        "Well, when do you plan on bringing them to me?" She asked, trying not to lose her temper at my sudden closeness.