The moment of truth

Okay, I have been waiting to write this chapter for soooo long!

I do not own the song Kat sings.(BTW, lithium is an anti-depressant. Keep that in mind when you get the part where Kat sings)Oh, and I changed the lyrics just a little bit.

Still looking for cast members!

The unknown POV at the end of this chapter is Kat's mother. I didn't know what else to call it.

POTO is not mine.

Kat's POV 

        The opera house was dead silent, the only sound for miles being that of the front doors creaking as I pushed them open. After the managers closed its doors, The Opera Populaire was all but abandoned. The people who remained were those that were too stupid to leave, mainly ballet rats and stage hands.

        I tip-toed through hall after hall, sticking to the shadows all the while. If I had learned anything from befriending the opera ghost, it was how to be stealthy. I decided to take the long way to his lair and made my way to the Prima Donna room. The hairs on the back of neck stood on end as I slowly pushed the door open, trying, unsuccessfully, not to make any noise. The door gave a small screech causing me to jumped inside quickly before anyone heard.

        I shut the door quietly and let out the breathe I'd been holding. The room looked exactly as I had remembered and smelled of Carlotta's god-awful perfume. I walked over to the mirror and slid it open, this time without nearly headbutting the wall. A small gust of dust filled air caught my hair as I stepped into the passage. I had forgotten to bring a candle for light, so I stumbled through the dark until I came across Erik's lair.

        The cavern was cold and empty. I walked around and yelled for Erik but no answer came.

        "He must be upstairs." I muttered to myself.

        I walked over to the organ and, setting my bag and cloak on the floor, took a seat at its bench. The room was shortly encased in an overwhelming silence. I tried to focus on the sound of the water lapping against the shore but was soon consumed by my thoughts. My mind ran through the last two months. The haunting memories of pain and anger flooded over me, and eventually were let lose through deep gut-wrenching sobs.

        I cried over everything that had happened, over my whole existence. It was all lies, lies covered up by more lies. Where does it end? Where is the goddamned truth! 

        My tears soon ran dry and my heart ached. I looked up at the organ's keys and decided to let out all my emotions through song.

Erik's POV

        My theater had been quiet since that imbecile brother of Kat's  murdered that foul man. I walked calmly through the halls trying to clear my mind. I hadn't been able to write a single note of music since the night we had explained our plan to Christine and her fop. It was the last time I had seen Kat and it was almost as if I were going through withdraws. My heart ached to see her face, to touch her soft alabaster skin, to hear her angelic voice sing for me.

        I closed my eyes and pictured her small figure, allowing my mind to wander over all the possibilities. It was odd to think that I had ever loved her sister in the first place. Christine no longer flooded my thoughts, Kat had wiped her memory clean.

        I remembered the last time I'd seen Christine, I remembered what she asked me. At the time I never understood how honest I had been, but now, I knew with all my heart that I had found my true angel of music.