Introductions

I still do not own Phantom! All I own is Ezra, Kat, this laptop and the the cat that is currently laying on it! Sorry for the shortness of this chapter and Erik's part. I would have made it longer but I really wanted to post SOMETHING and it's two in the morning here and I just had a very large spider crawling on me so I'm giving up for the night. Oh and if you were wondering, it was a very scary experience, I do not like spiders, and I woke everyone up because I screamed. Just thought you guys might have wanted to know that little bit of info. Oh and !PLLLEEEAAASSEEEE! don't forget to comment and vote!!

Kat's POV

        "Mom? Dad?" I pulled my covers off and got out of bed. The house was dark and eerily quiet. I started to walk down the hall, I knew something wasn't right. 

        I soon found myself in the kitchen. There was a dim light coming from the basement door, I could see smoke slithering out from under it. I tried to open it but it was locked, just like it always was. The smoke grew heavier and thicker. It appeared to be moving straight through the door and was creating a large dark cloud around me. It was then that I realized the house was on fire. I turned to run for the door when I heard something, it sounded like a laugh. An evil giggle that came from somewhere behind me.

        "It's time for you to go." My mother sat in the corner of the living room. She looked at me as I stared through tears, grinning devilishly she revealed a match. 

        I already knew what she meant but I asked her anyways. "What do you mean?"

        "I mean," her grin grew wider and her words were acid, "that it is time to send you back to hell."

        "What?" Fear echoed in my voice.

        Her grin faded as she stood to face me, darkness radiating from her eyes. "Don't play stupid, we both know what you are."

        "I'm your daughter." I was pushing her, not caring what happened next. If she was going to kill me then she was simply going to kill me and I no longer had sense enough to care.

        "No," her grin returned making her look more sinister than ever, "you are a demon. Don't play games with me, I know what you want, what you're capable of, I know everything. And I just want you to know that I wont let you take me as well."

        I swallowed my fear and met her deadly gaze with my own. "Where is my dad?"

        She opened her mouth wide and laughed, her black curls falling around her face. It was the most horrid sound I had ever heard. "I saved him, I couldn't let you have have him."

        I knew what she had done, she had killed him. He was in the basement. I shook the image from my mind, I couldn't bear the thought of him burning, alive.

        I wanted to yell and scream at her but it wouldn't do any good. She stepped closer to me, the smell of kerosene filled the air. I could tell that she had soaked herself in it. Whatever she was planning it definitely involved both of us going down in flames. 

        She lifted the match so it was right in my face and lit it, she went up in flames instantly. I turned to run but she had a hold of me, her arms wrapped around my waist. 

        "Fire cleanses all, even the damned." She whispered the words in my ear, her voice weak and snakelike. I knew she wouldn't last much longer and I wasn't sure I would either. The fire spread around her fragile body to my back. I screamed in pain and fought hard to remove her from me. I kicked and screamed but she was too strong. Smoke filled my lungs as a deep pain ran through my body. Then she was gone and I was alone, surrounded by flames.