Lying to yourself

Sorry for the weird formatting, I'm experimenting. I do not own the song My Immortal, it belongs to Evanescence. Although I have decided that Kat should sound something like Amy Lee, I think it fits her. By the way, if anyone can think of some good songs, that are fitting of POTO of course, and are, for the most part, piano based I'd appreciate it if you guys would be kind enough to share them with me. I have a feeling I'm going to need them and I'm having a really hard time finding/thinking of songs that fall in that category. You see, I was raised on a lot of 90s and rock music. Oh, I almost forgot, I don't own Erik or The Music of the Night. Although I would gladly take either of them ;) 

Kat's POV

        I was standing in front of the wardrobe, my mind whirling. What am I doing!? I shouldn't be staying down here, I should be at the opera house going to rehearsals or something. God, I can only begin to imagine how badly I'm messing this up! It's okay I can still fix it, I'll just tell him I changed my mind. I really should be getting back after all, but there was one problem. I didn't want to go.

        Sighing, I opened the wooden doors I'd been staring at for the last five or so minutes. Unlike the wardrobe in the prima donna room, this one didn't attack me. It was filled with beautiful dresses none of which very extravagant. Just plainly simple dresses, but they were pretty all the same. I started to go through them, trying to find one my size. It was easy to tell that most of them were meant for Christine and since she was taller than me, every one of them was too long. I was about to give up when I notice a small white dress in the far corner of the closet. I pulled it out to find that it was a perfect fit, now all I have to do is find my corset.

        Once I found the stupid thing, it took me a minute to figure out how to get it back on. It took me minute but I managed to figure it out. I laced it up, maybe a little too tightly, and slipped the dress over my head. After I found them, I slipped on the flats I 'borrowed' two days ago and looked in the floor length mirror that was on the inside of the wardrobe. The dress looked good but my hair was a mess, I guess sleeping for two days will do that. I found a comb on a shelf above the dresses and tried to run it through my hair. Ever since I was little I'd wanted to have thicker hair, not anymore. It had gone frizzy and the waves weren't really wavy, maybe I should just put it up. I stood on my tiptoes and searched the shelf I had found the comb on. 

        "Ah ha!" Next to the comb was a black ribbon, I grabbed it and pulled my hair up. My head wasn't hurting anymore and the bruise had begun to fade. I looked myself over one last time before exiting the room, content with my appearance for once.

Erik's POV

        "This place is amazing!" I turned around to see Kat gaping in awe at the lair. She was wearing a white dress that I didn't remember purchasing and her hair was pulled back with one of the ribbons I use for roses. I couldn't help but think she looked beautiful. She walked past me to a small desk I had full of drawings. The majority of which were of Christine.

        She picked one up and frowned slightly. "You must really love her." With a small sigh she continued to rummage through the papers. Why would she be upset by my feelings for her sister. Unless she pitied me, or believed it to be as absurd as I did. Or maybe she likes you. I shook the thought from my mind. That was in no way possible.

        "Wait," a small smile graced her face, "what"s this?" She turned to me, holding up the one drawing I didn't want her to see. I jumped up and snatched the paper from her small hands.

 "It's nothing of your concern." I hissed, trying unsuccessfully to frighten her.

She smiled and tried to snatch the paper back. "It's me isn't it?"