Tales of deceit

I think this chapter is bit shorter, but it was either that or a ridiculously long one.

I also think I'm going to start another phanfic, I've got a good idea and I'm running with it. So stay tuned for more craziness...not sure when I'll post it though(I sort of have to start it first...)

The Phantom of the Opera is not mine, if you don't know this by now you may need some help...

Kat's POV

        I'd been sitting on the floor for who knows how long when a light tap came on one of large windows across from me. I looked up and noticed a dark figure perched on the window sill.

        "Open the window." The voice whispered. It was muffled making it hard to identify who or what it was exactly.

        I stood slowly and crept towards it. The room around me was dark, as the sun had gone down hours ago and I'd neglected to light a single candle. I reached the window and unlatched it, then stepped back. The figure slipped in carefully and closed the window. Moonlight poured in allowing me to see the one person I needed most right then.

        "How did you find me?" I threw my arms around Erik and squeezed him tightly. 

        He stumble back a little in shock and stiffened a bit before returning my embrace. He eventually pulled back and held me at arms length.

        "Are you alright? Where's Ezra?" He asked looking over my tear soaked face.

        "I-I don't know." My words came out weak and heavy.

        "Alright. Here, sit down, just tell me when you're ready." He led me to the bed and made me sit.

        "Ready?" I looked up at him in confusion. Nothing seemed to make any sense anymore, even the simplest things.

        "To leave." He answered.

        I nodded then laid down and curled up in a ball. Maybe I'll wake up in my own bed in my own world and this will all have been a bad dream. I scrunched my eyes closed and focused on the sound of Erik's shoes hitting the floor as he paced in front of me. Just as I was about to doze off the bedroom door creaked open. I sat up abruptly and Erik stopped dead in his tracks.

        "Kat?" Damien whispered before fully entering the room.

        Ezra followed with a lit candle in his hand which cast a low lazy light through the room.

        "Dammit Ezra! I told you not to tell him anything." Damien scolded his brother once he caught sight of Erik.

        "You sir are lucky you're still breathing." Erik spat as he stepped out of the shadows.

        "Oh don't be so dramatic. We never planned on hurting her, although I do believe the tables are turning." Damien said and walked past Erik to sit next to me. "I am being painfully honest when I say that I had no idea. It is utterly unbelievable, and I'm finding a hard time coping with it myself."

        His eyes were sincere and I knew he was telling the truth. Something told me he wasn't much of liar.

        "How did you find us, anyhow?" Ezra asked, turning towards Erik.

        "I spent the whole day roaming this godforsaken city, thanks a certain note I found in my pocket. I was about to give up when, by some stroke of luck, I saw Ezra in a window." He explained. "Now could someone please inform me on what the meaning of all this is?"