Turning Tables

OMG! I found Kat!! Her name is Willa Holland ans\d she is perfect, I put her picture on the side.

If there was a preview for this chapter, it would be one of those ones where it shows all of the characters faces in a dramatic fashion with overly dramatic music. Too bad I'm no good with technology...

I do not own POTO!!

Kat's POV

        Tonight was the night. The night that would determine the outcome of our plans.

        I stood in front of the large vanity mirror in my closet, trying to lace up a corset. My fingers were shaking and my heart was beating in an very unnatural manor. 

        This was it. Six fates bound together by one monster. Tonight will either go really well or up in smoke, and we all knew who would pull the trigger.

        I found my gown and slipped it on, then started on a light coat of makeup. By the time I was finished, my eyes were a deep shade of blue and my hair was pinned up in an elegant, yet sloppy bun. I tried to curl the few strands of hair I left out of the pins with my finger, wanting them to frame my face.

        Once I was ready, I headed down stairs to meet Damien and Ezra. Mother had insisted on taking a separate carriage, she said she wanted a moment to herself. As if we ever bothered her anyhow.

        "You look gorgeous." Ezra smiled as he grabbed my hand and spun me in a circle.

        "Thank you kind sir." I returned his smile and curtsied.

        Damien cleared his throat and straightened his waistcoat. "We all look fabulous. Can we go now?"

        "Yes, your majesty." Ezra bowed and held the front door open for him.

        Damien rolled his eyes and I giggled. We got into our carriage and headed towards The Opera Populaire. 

        Once our ride reached the building, we hit a major traffic jam. There were hundreds of people flocking around the doors and steps. Carriages were lined up all the way down the next two blocks.

        "Okay, screw this. I'm walking." I mumbled after ten minutes of waiting in line.

        I opened the carriage door and hopped out onto the street. The air was cold and rigid against my bare arms.

        "That was so unlady-like." Ezra said as he joined me on the cobblestone.

        "Yeah, well in my time, it's perfectly normal." I retorted and headed towards the large oak doors.

        Ezra followed me and Damien caught up just before we reached the entrance.

        Damien pulled us off to the side just before we reached the doorman. "Now remember, we must be on our guard. Who knows what she's planning."

        Ezra and I nodded then headed through the doors. The sound of fireworks exploding caused each of us to jump. We were all on edge tonight.

        We burst through the doors to find a spectacular sight. Confetti and glitter fell from the heavens as people spun around the floor in beautiful attire. They all danced and sang to an uplifting melody.

        Masquerade!

        Paper faces on parade . . .

        Masquerade!