Sinners and Saints

Sorry it took me so long to update, Christmas fried my brain. Actually I've sort of been on a three day Sherlock binge. It's pretty bad...my addiction I mean, the show is AMAZING!!

Anyhow, as you can see, this chapter has a dedication. I want to say thank-you for giving me casting ideas. If you would direct you attention to the right you will see a new cast member, but do keep in mind that I still need people to cast as Kat, Damien, and Mother(who I have decided to leave unnamed). If you need a decription of these characters, either let me know or look back in the story.

By the way, if you want a sequel be sure to LET ME KNOW by commenting on this chapter or voting/commenting on the last.

Sorry for the short chapter, wanted to get something on here.

POTO, it's not mine, who cares?!?

Kat's POV

        "Kat. It's time." Damien said from the doorway of the drawing room.

        I felt every muscle in my body tighten as he spoke. It was time. Christine and Raoul had arrived about ten minuets ago, I'd seen their carriage pull up from the window.

        I glanced at my brither then continued to stair blankly out of the glass.

        "I'll be right there." I didn't need to move to speak, I could see his reflection in the window.

        He nodded and turned to leave, then stopped  suddenly. "Are you alright?"

        "What do you think?" I scoffed.

        Damien gave a small sigh before opening the door and leaving. I stood as soon as he was gone and composed myself before entering the madness that lay in the next room.

        The dining room doors were open wide to reveal the whole scene. The curtains were closed, as always, and every expected guest was sitting at the long table. I walked to the only empty seat available, which was in between Christine and Damien, and sat down.

        "You are late." My mother muttered.

        She was perched at the end of table, facing Damien. Ezra and Raoul sat across from Christine and myself.

        "I didn't realize." I mumbled, my eyes never leaving the table.

        I heard her shrug it off with a sigh and, feeling it was safe to look around, lifted my gaze to everyone but her. Ezra sat quietly with his eyes aimed at his lap. It's hard telling whether or not he's sober,  he certainly hasn't been able to live without a bottle lately. 

        Damien was staring at me, watching my every move. He knew something was wrong with me, I could see it in his eyes. I turned my attention to Christine, who was sitting up straight with her hands folded on her lap. She was so proper, so polite. I knew my mother would act pleased by this, but deep down, she hated it. 

        At last I turned to Raoul. He sat calmly, his legs crossed as well as his arms. He and Christine were so alike, they were certainly meant for each other.

        The sound of a door opening caused everyone's heads to snap up simultaneously. There was a silence that slowly suspended itself in the air above us, it was irritating and intoxicating all at once. I let out a small sigh when I saw it was only one of the maids signaling that dinner was ready.

        "Your supper, ladies and gentlemen." The woman announced as she, and several others, brought dishes to the bare table.

        We each received multiple utensils, plates, and wine glass that was immediately filled. Ezra chugged his down while I simply stared at mine, resisting the urge to do the same. Damien began to play with his as Christine and Raoul barely sipped theirs.