09: Anyone But You

Chapter 9

The date with Marcus was tonight and I had said yes.... Tonight at 7:00 we would go to dinner then a movie. The Amazing Spider-Man... I'd already seen it with Andy... Stop it, I commanded my brain.

I decided to wear a purple striped shirt with a purple cami underneath. It was the first date so I was NOT showing cleavage. It was a v-neck. I then put on some dark skinny jeans. After that, I pulled out some black flats from underneath my bed.

For my hair, I put it down and straightened my usual curly mess. Kendra used to say my hair straightened looked good. I agreed. Now for makeup. I did my usual stuff and looked at the time. It was 6:32. 

I had time to burn so I decided to call Kendra. She was the one who helped me with dates and vice versa. Besides, what did I have to lose? I dialed the number and it went to voicemail automatically.

"Hey, it's Kendra, so leave me a message and I will get back to ya!"

"Hey, Kendra, it's me. Mel. I really want to talk to you. I know we haven't talked since ... you know, but I really miss you and I want you as my friend. Miss you, Ken. Please call me back."

I hung up and sighed. Then my phone vibrated. I leaped for it. It was only Marcus. I was expecting Kendra....

Hey, can't wait to c u tonite!

I texted him back. I know! Cu in @ 7.

 After that, I tucked my phone in my back pocket. Then, of course, my phone chirps. It's Andy...

RU going tonite with Marcus?

Yes... Why?

Just asking. Hav fun ;)

I didn't respond and put it in my back pocket again. Then, I go to Lucy's room.

"What do you think?" I ask.

"Sexy," she said.

My mouth drops. "Don't use that word, Luce! That's just weird...... I meant, on a scale of 1 to 10, do you like it?"

"Oh," she smiled, trying not to laugh. "Yeah, it's a .... 8. I like it!"

I smile. "Thanks."

I head out of her room and go to my car. I'll just wait at the restaurant. It was a nice bar/restaurant place. We had a 7:00 reservation and when I got there at 6:46. I saw Marcus leaning against his car and then my brain flashback.

"So was the movie good?"

"It was decent. For a nerd." I leaned against the car.

"Nerd?"

"Nerd."

Then he leaned forward pressing his soft lips against mine.....

I jump back to reality and see Marcus in a nice button-up green shirt and jeans. He looked cute.... I got out and head up to him.

"Wow," we both say at the same time.

We both smile and laugh. He puts his hand out and I take it. His hand was warm as we walk up and get our reservation. The waiter seats us and I order a lemonade for a drink. Marcus gets a Pepsi.

"So, do you mind seeing Spider-Man?" he asked.

I shake my head. "No, I loved it the first time..."

"The first time?" he asked.

"I saw it with Andy before," I said.

The waiter brings our drinks and I take a sip of my lemonade.

"Oh, do you want to see a different movie?" he aksed, concerned.

"No, no," I quickly say. "It's fine."

He smiles. "Okay."

The waiter then asks us about dinner. I ordered and then so does he. Marcus was surprisingly funny. He cracked a lot of jokes and we ate.

"So what happened between you and Andy?" he asked.

I sigh and Marcus looks guilty.

"I'm sorry," he immediately said. "It's none of my business."

"No, it's alright," I said. "We had a fight and he couldn't trust me. But we're friends now so it doesn't matter now. It's in the past."

He smiles. "Good."

I smile. "Good."

"Fine."

"Fine."

We both burst into laughter. Dinner was good and we finished. We go out and drive to the movie theater. When we go to buy the tickets, the same ticket lady who gave me and Andy tickets was there.

"Where's that other guy?" she asks.

I look down. "We broke up."

"Oh, I'm sorry!" she exclaims. "You guys were cute together."

I blush and we get the tickets.

"Sorry about that," I said.

We enter the movie theater and get into our theater. The lights are still on and I scan the crowd. There were a few open seats. I take Marcus's hand and lead him to a two seat side. The lights go down and I gently lay my head on his shoulder while tucking my feet up on the seat.

He kissed my head lightly and we watch as the movie goes on.

*****

After the movie, Marcus asked me.

"Do you want me to walk you up?"

I nod. "Follow me."

I drove home and Marcus follows. I wait on the porch and he takes my hands.

"Did you have a good time?" he asks.

I nod. "The best."

Without warning, he leans forward. His warm lips meet mine. Marcus's kiss was different than Andy's. Marcus's were soft and slow while Andy's were medium and warm. I kiss Marcus back trying to forget Andy.

Then, I lean away.

"I knew it."

I frown. "Knew what?"

"You're still in love with Andy, aren't you?" he asks.

I sputter. "No, I'm not. I'm over him. I like you...."

"See you're denying it and you're not sure if you like me," he points out. "I thought you were over him so I asked you out."

"I don't love him anymore," I said.

"But you do," he argues. "I'm sorry, Mel."

He walks away. "Friends?"

I nod. "Sure."

I go inside and to my room. I drag my knees to my chin. Was I still I love with Andy? As much as I wanted to, that was one fact I couldn't change.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Well, well, well, what do you think??? Well you know the drill!

xoxo,

forbiddenlove02