" Past "

Lisa was at the side of lake with her father. They had fishing rods in their hands and were patiently sitting in their chairs for the fish to get the bait.

"Dad, where did you go to study in highschool?" Lisa asked with curious eyes " Please dad, I want to know something about your past...our family's past" Lisa ended with her eyes filled with sadness.

Mr Marco hesitated for a while, with a debate going on his mind whether she was ready or he was ready . Lisa just looked at her father with anticipation filled eyes.

Mr Marco then took a deep breath " I guess we'll start with here" He then continued " Your Grandfather had come here from Wellington with his whole family 20 years ago....he wanted to quit the city life and spend his time with God and his creation "

Lisa sat back up, listening to every word attentively.

Mr Marco then continued with a smile " I had never such a beautiful place in my life before. Although it had all the natural resources needed to stay alive but the place wasn't much developed then and there was only one school on the west coast at that time and it was in Gloriavale Cristian Community "

I remember this name...

As soon as the name left Mr Marco's mouth a sad smile had soon took place.

Dad....

"Sorry where was I ?" He asked with a chuckle " Oh yeah highschool....the place only allowed the children from it's community to study, cause they believed the outsiders will corrupt their pure souls " Mr Marco said the last line with a huff.

Wtf is up with that school?

" The community also did it's own business within and as my father was a well known carpenter of his time, he received orders from the community quite often" Mr Marco said with a nostalgic smile on his face " And as time went by, the head of the community became great friends with my father and soon an exception was made and I was allowed to enter highschool "

"And then?" Lisa asked with curious honey brown orbs, what happened to cause the separation between him and Grandfather, why did he left this place and never wanted to come back? Who was her mother and why did she left her? All these questions were running wild in her mind when she saw her father getting back up and stretching his arms.

"I think that's enough for today, champ " Mr Marco uttered with a smile. He then continued while looking ahead "And it seems like it'll rain soon. We should better get back home "

At least he's trying to open up...maybe I should give him some time

Lisa thought with a smile and also got back up. They both then packed the equipment with unfortunately no catch for the day for the father daughter duo.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Roseanne..." Lisa uttered outloud, a smile soon occupying her face as soon as the name left her mouth.

She was now back at home and had excused herself for the day as she was dead tired.

"She was so cute..." Lisa said in a dazed voice as she layed flat on her stomach on her bed. Her mind was filled with all kinds of thoughts from the day but no matter how hard she tried her thoughts kept drifting back to a certain girl.

I wonder where she lives? That place must be hella strict to not allow phones in this day and age...I hope she had safely returned back home, she looked kinda terrified....it made me want to wrap my arms around her...

Lisa's train of thought soon came to a stop as she felt her phone vibrating. She took it out with a sigh, seemingly mad about someone disturbing her thoughts about the mysterious cute girl she met today.

"Hey cold bitch!" A voice came from the other side of the phone.

"Hey Jennie, I see you still like to call people by your name " Lisa replied bluntly.

"Shut your smartass you dumbass " An angered voice came.

Lisa chuckled at her friend's reply and then proceeded to calm her down "Okay okay calm down. What happened?"

"What happened? You're asking me what happened? You haven't replied for two whole days " Jennie said with a frustrated voice " Jackson and I thought you were dead or something!"

"Oh sorry, I was damn tired from the trip " Lisa replied " Can you believe I slept for a whole day and woke up the next morning?!"

"Were you on drugs or something?" Jennie asked with a seemingly calmer voice than before.

Lisa chuckled at the reply and they both went on talk for half an hour, with Lisa sharing the details of the surreal place she was staying and of course the adventure she had with Roseanne!

"Shit! You were seriously gonna die today" Jennie said with a chuckle.

"Yeah I would've...if it wasn't for that kind girl... you should've seen her, she had kindness beaming from her core and her voice...it was so angelic, I really thought an angel was singing! And her puff---

Lisa's dazed voice came to a stop when she heard a chuckle on the other side of the phone.

"What?" She asked with a perplexed voice.

"Damn I gotta meet that girl limario" Jennie replied in between her chuckles "That's the first time you've shown so much interest in another human being "

Lisa's cheek started heating up, upon hearing that " Umm...well It's no big deal...I was um just fascinated by her unique qualities "

"Yeah yeah " Jennie said with a playful voice.

"You -- Before Lisa could say anything the line got cut off.

Damn no signal?

She then got up to stretch a bit and went to look outside the window and saw black clouds approaching their area.

Normally I like this gloomy weather but today my heart doesn't seem to enjoy it....I wonder why?

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

« Rosé »

Rain water was trickling down the  window panes . Nature seemed to be doing it's duty of cleaning it's children. The clouds roared loudly with its vibrations causing doors and windows to quiver.

The crackling lightening reminding humans of mother nature's wrath and fury which they often forget while killing it's children cruely and ruthlessly.

The magnificently built buildings were also enjoying the shower of nature. The atmosphere was filled chuckles and the smell of warm hot chocolate , with some people witnessing the glory of God outside while the other's enjoying it's beauty from indoors but one thing everyone had in common; they all seemed happy.

But a room at a corner appeared a bit dark and gloomy, not matching the scenario all around. In the room seemed to be a bulge under the blanket and a sobbing sound burried by the roaring lightening.

"God guide me...what's the true way" trembling lips uttered.

"Roseanne! Come out everyone's enjoying the weather" A voice came from outside the door.

"I think I'll pass. I'm not feeling too well " Roseanne replied while trying to sound normal.

"Okay....rest well" the voice replied and the footsteps soon became faint.

Roseanne then proceeded to poke her face out of the warm blanket, not being able breath in her safe roll. Her eyes were puffy, with face a shade of red from crying so much and her hair  messed up from the blanket. She then got out and stood infront of the room mirror.

"You cannot be anything in life, you cannot do anything " She said with a smile while pointing her index finger at the mirror "You are nothing but an object!" She ended with a hitched voice and fell down on the floor as warm tear again occupied her puffed up cheeks.

I wish someone would free me from this perplex world....