2

Slow breaths were floating out of Camilas lips as she stood in the elevator for her first day at work.

"Wait please" she stopped the doors as male's voice echoed.
One handsome smile walked to her, in suit.
One unfamiliar face.
She quietly stood there in one corner head low until he spoke up.

"You're new, I never saw you before"

She looked up at him saying "yes"

His eyes saw the number of the flat she picked and he smirked checking her out.
She was nicely dressed, way too nice and hot.

Elevator stopped at her picked flat
"We'll see multiple times pretty stranger"
She saw his smirk and look at her. She just kept quiet, walking outside.
Before she got out she saw he picked number 9 what's just above them.

-

She pasted a smile on. With bag in her hand she passed by many workers who smiled at her. She said few good mornings until her legs led her to her boss' doors.

Camila knocked and heard frustrated voice "come in"

Carefully she closed doors behind and looked at Shawn who already had stressed expression on his face.
Next to him stood also young girl with papers, she smiled.
"Good morning"

"Good morning, Camila"

She walked to his desk and left the paper what other day Alisson gave her.
"Here"

He smiled at her but it faded away fast, he looked at the girl who had small showed belly.
"Camila this is Hailee, she's going to show you everything you need to know for now"

"Okey"

Hailee started to walk to Camila's office what was connected to Shawn's.
"Come"

Hailee opened laptop and showed few unfinished works that Camila needs to end.
Basically it is all files and emails, bunch of them.

"Congratulations on your pregnancy" Hailee smiled at her stroking her belly "thank you, I just need to show you one more thing"

Camila nodded letting her to do what she needs to.
Hailee worked fast but carefully.
"Here" she opened one file "is the problem Shawn probably didn't tell you yet"

Camila read the headline.
"Court?" Hailee nodded looking at her "what happened to go on court"

"Flat above us 'happened'"

"What"

Pregnat girl held a doorknob turned to her she said "Shawn planned on explaining to you when we finish, but not here"

Camila nodded, putting papers back on the table. She almost sat down but someone start yelling outside.
They quickly got out.

Shawn angrly said to the same man what was in elevator with Camila.
She recognized him.
"It's nothing about -"

"Yeah keep lying to yourself Shawn, are you going to be like that in court for two months?"

Shawn walked to the doors after he said.
"Watch what you say because you may regret every word your mouth let out"

He opened door, man in suit turned around to walk out. His eyes locked with Camila's.
"I said we'll see each other again, pretty stranger"

Shawn looked between them.

He smirked walking to the Canadian, Shawn warned "leave her alone, Cameron"

"Yeah sure" he walked out fixing his tie.

Shawn closed his eyes and exhaled deeply.
"Calm down" he heard Hailee and felt her in front of him.
"I'm going now" she said as he opened his eyes.
"Okey thanks" he mumbled.

Camila watched as she left, awkwardly she stood at the same place.
"Are you okey?" She asked "yeah, um I -I was thinking maybe we could get the coffee so I - I could explain everything"

"Okey!" She cheerfully expressed her voice.

-

"Thanks" they both said to the waitress.

"So?" Camila asked taking a sip "sorry take your time"
She mentally palmed herself.

"It's okey" he smiled holding a cup of coffee, "Cameron is my brother"
Camila looked confused.
Shawn chuckled "rough start, sorry, he's my step brother"

"Oh" she was still confused.

Shawn smiled at her cuteness
"So my parents got divorced when I was two, I'm raised by my father who owns the place where we're working"

"That's what I get, also sorry for your parents"

He swallowed hot liquid "it's okey, the reason why; she cheated and she got pregnant with Cameron. He isn't my brother but - I don't know. It's confusing to me too"
Camila nodded in understanding, she listened every words carefully what he said.
"My dad and mum worked together really hard for this what we have today, until everything went to hell.
They fought, and my mum left me to my dad"

"Shawn I am sorry"

"No it's okey, so she wanted one part of the company, but my dad didn't want to give it just like that to her.
Company is raised by his dad, my grandad. But also he didn't want to go on court. They made a deal when Cameron turns twenty he will own one part of the company"
Now everything made sense to her.
Shawn wants to keep this floor to himself. Or dad. To hold that surname Mendes there.
"He turned twenty two months ago"

"Shawn you're really young for this to run such a big company, no offense"
She quietly said.

Again his smile "no, I know. My dad he - he got sick, really bad. He only has me so I'm new boss" he laughed at the word boss, he can't even believe himself.
"Hailee was his assistant, she's my cousin. He had big faint in her so he has in me, I can't let him down"

Her eyes softened at his words, she thought now; I need to help him, that's why he hired me. I'm going to give my best.
"I need to keep that surname there, he deserves it"

"No Shawn"
His eyes flew to one another between hers.
"You deserve it too"

"Be sure I'll give my best to help you"

He nodded "I know you will"

She laughed at thought
"First day I did nothing, if I keep like this I'm no such a big help"

He smirked "no, be sure, you already helped"

A/n: short don't kill me!
Hope you like it.
❤️